Subject: [Fwd: RFC 4664 on Framework for Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs)]

From: Shane Amante <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:51:20 -0600

Congratulations folks!  This looks like the first of a series of L2VPN 
RFC's to be published.

-shane

Subject: RFC 4664 on Framework for Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:25:20 -0700
List-Id: l2vpn.ietf.org

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4664

        Title:      Framework for Layer 2 Virtual 
                    Private Networks (L2VPNs) 
        Author:     L. Andersson, Ed.,
                    E. Rosen, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 97768
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-l2-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4664.txt

This document provides a framework for Layer 2 Provider Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks (L2VPNs).  This framework is intended to aid
in standardizing protocols and mechanisms to support interoperable
L2VPNs.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...