Subject: RFC 6136 on Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) Requirements and Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:12:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6136

        Title:      Layer 2 Virtual Private Network 
                    (L2VPN) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance 
                    (OAM) Requirements and Framework 
        Author:     A. Sajassi, Ed.,
                    D. Mohan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 92170
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2vpn-oam-req-frmk-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6136.txt

This document provides framework and requirements for Layer 2 Virtual
Private Network (L2VPN) Operations, Administration, and Maintenance
(OAM).  The OAM framework is intended to provide OAM layering across
L2VPN services, pseudowires (PWs), and Packet Switched Network (PSN)
tunnels.  This document is intended to identify OAM requirements
for L2VPN services, i.e., Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), Virtual 
Private Wire Service (VPWS), and IP-only LAN Service (IPLS). Furthermore, 
if L2VPN service OAM requirements impose specific requirements on PW
OAM and/or PSN OAM, those specific PW and/or PSN OAM requirements
are also identified.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC