Subject: [L3sm] [l3sm] #14 (l3vpn-service-model): Notification support on L3SM

From: "l3sm issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 06:33:44 -0000

#14: Notification support on L3SM

 One issue raised by Kenichi is whether a notification support is necessary
 on the model.
 Kenichi gave the following use cases.

 Operators must sometimes notify various information to customers under
 each SLA with them.
 -maintenance schedule (planned, in operation) -proactive report when a
 failure occurred(, even if the customer is not aware)

 YANG1.1 will allow notifications to be tied to data nodes.
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-09#section-7.16

 https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/l3sm/35eO1KXYYBEhQ5TXI0ijWe5Nqj4
 --
 Kenichi has the following proposal:
 How about defining notification node under vpn-svc and site-network-
 access?
 We sometimes have to actively inform our customers of a failure or
 something.
 What kind of the information depends on each operator, then anydata or
 anyxml suits this.

 For example,
 container site-network-accesses {
     list site-network-access {
         key site-network-access-id;
         ...
         notification info {
             anydata data;
         }
         ...
 }
 --
 Stephane believed that Notification are normally not part of the tree,
 rpcs or notifications can be created if necessary to retrieve operational
 infos.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  l3vpn-       |    Version:  2.0
  service-model          |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/l3sm/trac/ticket/14>
l3sm <https://tools.ietf.org/l3sm/>