Subject: [Lager] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lager-specification-11.txt> (Representing Label Generation Rulesets using XML) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 07:42:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Label Generation Rules WG
(lager) to consider the following document:
- 'Representing Label Generation Rulesets using XML'
  <draft-ietf-lager-specification-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-04-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a method of representing rules for validating
   identifier labels and alternate representations of those labels using
   Extensible Markup Language (XML).  These policies, known as "Label
   Generation Rulesets" (LGRs), are used for the implementation of
   Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs), for example.  The rulesets are
   used to implement and share that aspect of policy defining which
   labels and Unicode code points are permitted for registrations, which
   alternative code points are considered variants, and what actions may
   be performed on labels containing those variants.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lager-specification/

When IESG discussion begins, it can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lager-specification/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.