Subject: [Lager] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7940 (5167)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:24:36 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7940,
"Representing Label Generation Rulesets Using XML".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5167

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Phil Pennock <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.3.7

Original Text
-------------
   Whenever an LGR depends on character properties from a given version
   of the Unicode Standard, the version number used in creating the LGR
   MUST be listed in the form x.y.z, where x, y, and z are positive
   decimal integers (see [Unicode-Versions]).

Corrected Text
--------------
   Whenever an LGR depends on character properties from a given version
   of the Unicode Standard, the version number used in creating the LGR
   MUST be listed in the form x.y.z, where x, y, and z are non-negative
   decimal integers (see [Unicode-Versions]).

Notes
-----
A zero needs to be allowed in the version numbering, as included in the example below.  Zero is neither positive nor negative.  "0, 1, 2, ..." are the "non-negative decimal integers".  Positive decimal integers start at 1.

Thus for "6.3.0" to be a valid example, the constraint needs to be "non-negative" rather than "positive".

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7940 (draft-ietf-lager-specification-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Representing Label Generation Rulesets Using XML
Publication Date    : August 2016
Author(s)           : K. Davies, A. Freytag
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Label Generation Rules
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Kim Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:07:47 +0800

Hello,

> "Representing Label Generation Rulesets Using XML".

I agree with the interpretation that the existing text can be read that
version text such as "10.0.0" would be illegal as the zeroes are not
positive, and thus support the erratum's corrected text.

Thanks for the report!

kim