Subject: schema comments

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:35:16 +0100

schema-06 says:

> 2.23  postalAddress
> 2.27  registeredAddress

> "15 Main St., Ottawa, Canada"

Please use the correct LDAP syntax, "15 Main St.$Ottawa$Canada".  If
that looks bad, you could explain that this is the Postal Address
syntax.

> 2.26  preferredDeliveryMethod

>   if mhs-delivery is preferred over telephone-delivery, which is 
>   preferred over all other methods, the value of the value would 
>   be {1, 9}.

That's the ASN.1 representation.  Please use the LDAP string syntax,
"mhs $ telephone".

> 2.43  x500UniqueIdentifier

>   In X.520 [X.520], this attribute type is called 
>   uniqueIdentifier.  This is a different attribute type from both the 
>   "uid" and "uniqueIdentifier" attribute types.
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you mean an LDAP "uniqueIdentifier" attribute type, that is not
defined in this document.  Where is it defined?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editorial comments:

Sections 2.21 (owner), 2.28 (roleOccupant), 2.30 (seeAlso), 2.40
(uniqueMember):

'o=Widget, Inc.' in DNs should be 'o=Widget\, Inc.'.
DNs should not have space after the ',' between RDN components.  IIRC,
that was an LDAPv2ism.

> 1.1  Situation

>   Section 3.4 of 
>   this document supercedes the technical specification for the 'dc' 

Section 2.4.

> 2.10  facsimileTelephoneNumber

>   numbers (and, optionally, the parameters) for facsimile terrminals.  
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^
                                                            terminals.

> 2.28  roleOccupant

>   objects(normally people) that fulfill the responsibilities of a role 
          ^^^
      missing space

> 2.32  sn

>    The sn (surname)attribute type contains name strings for the family 
                   ^^^
              missing space

> 2.35  telephoneNumber

>   (e.g., 1 234 567 8901)  Each number is one value of this 

Suggest '+' in front of number.

> 2.40  uniqueMember

>    Distinguished Names of the object include a value that distinguishs 
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                            distinguishes

>   "ou=1st Battalion#'010101', o=Defense, c=US".  

Missing 'B' after bit string.

> 3.9  organizationalRole

>   represents a job or function or position in an organization.
                    ^^^^
                 job,   function or position

> 4.  IANA Considerations

>      Specification: RFC XXXX [editor's note:  The RFC number will be 
>            the one assigned to this document.

Missing ']'.

> Appendix A  Changes RFC 2256

More changes:

- Removed {number} (minimum lower bound?) after the SYNTAX oid for all
  attributes that had that.

- Added text about Unicode, SASLprep and UTF-8 for userPassword.

-- 
Hallvard