Subject: simple bind

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:50:49 +0100

I suggest the text about simple bind is moved from Protocol to Authmeth.
That's where all other binds are described; I don't see any reason why
simple bind is so special that it deserves to be defined in Protocol
instead.

That is, the text starting with
     The simple form of an AuthenticationChoice specifies a simple 
     password to be used for authentication.
and down the rest of the paragraph in [Protocol] section 4.2.

[Protocol] can instead just say that the 'authentication' component
in the ASN.1 is described in [Authmeth].

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:04:08 +0100

I wrote:
> (...)
> That is, the text starting with (...)

Also

   - name: (...)
     Server behavior is 
     undefined when the name is a null value, simple authentication is 
     used, and a password is specified.

and the corresponding texts in section C.1.14.

-- 
Hallvard