Subject: Re: "LDAPv3"

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 21:09:21 +0100

Update of an old message (from 7 Dec 2003) which I think got no
responses:

Message http://www.OpenLDAP.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200310/msg00034.html
says:

  Suggest s/LDAPv3/LDAP/ throughout document for both consistency
  within document and across entire technical specification.

That has now been done in [authmeth], but not in [url] and [filter].

If it is done in [url], "(in LDAPv3)" below should be removed instead
of changed to "(in LDAP)":
   attributes
      If the attributes part is omitted, all user attributes of the
      entry or entries should be requested (e.g., by setting the
      attributes field AttributeDescriptionList in the LDAP search
      request to a NULL list, or (in LDAPv3) by requesting the special
      attribute name "*").

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:55:40 -0500

> That has now been done in [authmeth], but not in [url] and [filter].

I believe this should be done in [url] and [filter] (I just forgot about 
it).  Any objections?

>       request to a NULL list, or (in LDAPv3) by requesting the special

Agreed.

-Mark