Subject: progression of Filter/LDAPURL I-Ds

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:22:03 -0800

The Chairs have determined that subsequent revisions of the
[Filter] and [LDAPURL] drafts are necessary to address
concerns recently raised on the list:
 http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200410/msg00101.html (Filter)
 http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200410/msg00102.html (URL)
 http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200411/msg00007.html (URL)

The Editor (Mark Smith) indicated how he believes each of these
concerns should be addressed:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200411/msg00001.html (Filter)
http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200411/msg00003.html (URL)
http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/200411/msg00010.html (URL)

The chairs believes WG consensus supports resolving these concerns
as indicated by the Editor's comments.  Hence, the Chairs direct
the Editor to prepare and submit revised [Filter] and [LDAPURL]
I-Ds as soon as possible.  The chairs intend to recommend the
revised I-Ds shortly after the announcements.  Hence, upon
announcement, the WG should review the revised I-Ds to ensure
the changes made resolve these concerns and, if not, comment
on list (or privately to the chairs) within one week of the
later announcement.

-- Kurt, LDAPBIS co-chair

PS: It is hoped that the revised I-Ds will be announced during
the week of 15 November.