Subject: extensibility of SearchRequest.derefAliases

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:55:25 -0700

[LDAPIANA] sets up procedures for extending most CHOICE and ENUMERATED
fields in [Protocol], but misses SearchRequest.derefAliases. This
deserves to be as extensible as others. For example, I might want to
extend this to say 'derefFindingPenultimate'. I want to read an alias
entry, but I want all aliases leading up to that ultimate alias to be
dereferences.
 
Jim

---

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:00:51 +0100

> entry, but I want all aliases leading up to that ultimate alias to be

I'd like a deref option which means "don't deref when filtering, but do
deref when returning entries".

Though both that and your option look like they might be additional
fields controlling aliasing, so one could leave the original field to
specify whether to apply these options to the base object, the other
objects, or both.

-- 
Hallvard