Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDAP: Internationalized String Preparation' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:24:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LDAP: Internationalized String Preparation '
   <draft-ietf-ldapbis-strprep-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-strprep-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
The previous Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) technical
specifications did not precisely define how character string matching
is to be performed.  This led to a number of usability and
interoperability problems.  This document defines string preparation
algorithms for character-based matching rules defined for use in LDAP.

Working Group Summary
 
The LDAPBIS working group came to consensus on this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie