Subject: LDAPConstraints - java-api-11 draft

From: "Steve Sonntag" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:16:47 -0600

4.6.19 setConstraints

Sets the constraints that apply to all operations performed
through this connection

Wouldn't it be more clear to state:

Sets the constraints that apply to all non search operations
performed through this connection.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4.39.13 setOption

Seems to set only the search constraints options, but
the first paragraph has a confusing sentence that
talks about LDAPConstraints.

Was it your intention that the LDAPConstraints be
the same object as LDAPSearchConstraints or
that they be different objects?

   "These options represent the default search constraints for the
   current connection. Some of these options are also propagated through
   the LDAPConstraints, which can be obtained from the connection object
   with the getSearchConstraints method."

The above two sections 4.39.13 & 4.6.19 could be
construed to indicate that the LDAPConstraints and the
LDAPSearchConstraints objects for a connection are 
in fact the the same object, however, that fact that
each has a separate set & get method seems to indicate
they are different objects.

Could you please clarify this?

-Steve