Subject: draft 4th edition directory texts

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:42:23 -0700

Hello all

Erik is in the zone and is rapidly producing the drafts of what will 
be our fourth edition of the directory standard

First drafts of X.501/part-2, X.511/part-3, X.518/part-4, 
X.520/part-6, and X.521/part-7 are up on the server in word and pdf 
formats at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/

These drafts were constructed by applying the following to the base 
3rd edition:

1) the amendments that have been approved by ITU and are in FDAM 
ballot in ISO/IEC;

2) Erik's and Skip's best guess of what the Related Entries FDAM will 
look like after our editing meeting in November in Orlando;

3) Approved Technical Corrigenda;

4) Draft Technical Corrigenda currently under ballot with a close 
date that allows the comments to be reviewed at the Orlando meeting;

5) Draft Technical Corrigenda that is being developed now and 
submitted so that the ballot date will close before the ITU meeting 
at the end of January; and,

6) Corrected ASN.1 errors found with validaton tools.

These documents, or revisions of them, will be submitted to ITU by 
the morning of 9 October to meet their deadline for texts that will 
be approved at the ITU Study Grup 7 meeting in Geneva 29 January - 3 
February 2001.

Since it is unlikely that these documents will be identical to the 
output of  the editing meeting on Related Entries and with the 
resolution of comments on the Draft Technical Corrigenda, we will 
produce documents detailing the corrections needed. Those will be 
submitted by the seek before the SG7 meeting. In addition those 
documents will contain corrections that are found in the review.

We would like to minimize the number of those types of corrections so 
we are asking all of you to review as much of these texts as 
possible. Please send email to Erik ( mailto://[email-masked] ) 
and me ( mailto://[email-masked] ) describing any errors 
or problems you find. corrections will be incorporated into the texts 
sent to ITU by 9 October.

Erik has done yeoman work here. I intend to buy him a drink in Orlando

    hoyt