Subject: Titanic! -NMBJ

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 05:16:10 -0700 (PDT)

It was a splendid ship! Everything a ship designer could imagine was built into it. It was 
beautiful, magnificent, TITANIC! Not only was it the biggest, it was sleek, fast.and 
absolutely unsinkable. Did not the designers guarantee it? 
Every proven safety feature and several new ones went into it's construction. It slid out of 
sea from Liverpool, England, on a serene April morning. Gleaming against the sky, it was 
majestic. The pride lf Britannia rode out to sea. New York was it's next harbor. The 
notables of society were it's passengers, and they basked in the splendor of it's luxury. 
Elegance was the word for Titanic's interior. Lavish in it's decor, menus, and 
entertainment, it surpassed the highest expectations of it's passengers.Three- quarters 
into it's maiden voyage, on the fringe of Newfoundland's frigid banks, the Titanic became a 
catastrophic nightmare. A deceptively large iceburg, detached from the polar ice fields, 
was drifting into the North Atlantic shipping lanes, destined to keep a predetermined 
encounter with the fabulous Titanic. Within two hours, before the dawn of April 15,1912, 
the unsinkable Titanic plunged to it's death, four miles beneath the icy surface taking it's 
1500 passengers with it, and most of it's crew, and all it's treasure! Here's some 
awesome parallels:(1) 
" Not even God could sink the Titanic", was the designer's boast. We also have the 
deadly tendency to have excess pride in our resources. 
(2) Even when the Titanic struck the iceburg, the crew and passengers were confident 
that the "small iceburg could do little damage. We also are deceived into thinking that sin 
is minor, and of little importance. 
(3) This drama of the sea illustrates the uncertainty of life, and our need to be ready to 
stand before our Maker , and Judge! 
(4) It teaches us the lesson of obedient response. Those aboard the doomed Titanic who 
responded quickly, were saved! Those who flippantly ignored the warning, perished! 
My friend, what would your fate be in a similar situation? 
The Bible say's " Now is the day of salvation, behold now is the accepted time" it also 
ask's this question, " How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation? 
Turn your heart to the Lord God of heaven and seek His forgiveness. Pray that He might 
save you from eternal damnation by giving you a heart that will trust the Lord Jesus Christ 
as your Savior, for there is NO OTHER WAY! The iceburg of eternity is fast approaching 
my friend, all hands on deck!