Subject: [ldapext] Directory Best Practice Guide

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:32:34 +0100

Hi -

A discussion on the ldapext mail list last week came to the conclusion that 
a Guide to Directory Best Practice is very much needed. A number of 
volunteers then stepped forward to work on producing one, and The Open 
Group has provided a mail list [email-masked] to support their work.

We don't yet have detailed terms of reference or working procedures. We 
have a belief in the value of this guide and the intention to produce a 
publicly available document with volunteer effort and using an open and 
public editing and review procedure.

If you would like to participate in this effort, you can subscribe to the 
list via the web page at 
http://www.opengroup.org/sophocles/create_user.tpl?CALLER=show_users_archives.tpl 
(The page is a general one that allows subscription to a number of lists - 
don't forget to specify the ldap-bpg one!)

I look forward to working with you on the Directory Best Practice Guide!

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
            Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
  O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked] Phone: +44 118 902 3018
            WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
========================================================================
The Open Group Conference
Boundaryless Information Flow: The Role of Open Source
Cannes, France, 14-18th October
http://www.opengroup.org/cannes2002
========================================================================

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext