Subject: Re: [ldapext] Directory Best Practice Guide

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:57:27 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Mark/Roland,
> 
> It seems that we have enough people who want to work on Directory Best
>          Practice.
> Can we do this work under ldapext?

Not in the LDAPEXT working group, because the LDAPEXT working group has shut
down several meetings ago and so is not taking new work items.

If you wish to have Directory Best Practice be a work item in the IETF, 
you would either want to find an active working group that would be willing
to sponsor this, request to create a new working group for this purpose, or 
just start an discussion list for directory best practice to develop 
individual drafts and perhaps determine if there is sufficiently broad 
interest and sufficiently narrow problem scope to create a WG.   Note that 
there have been attempts in the past to create a working group for this kind 
of problem area but these have not lasted, so the first or third approach is
the one I would recommend.

Mark Wahl
Sun Microsystems Inc.

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

---

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:09:35 +0100

Hi -

Sounds like the first practical step is to set up an IETF list to discuss 
what is needed and how to create it. I'm happy to volunteer to set up and 
maintain that list. What do I need to do to do this as an IETF list?

>the one I would recommend.

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
            Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
  O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked] Phone: +44 118 902 3018
            WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
========================================================================
The Open Group Conference
Boundaryless Information Flow: The Role of Open Source
Cannes, France, 14-18th October
http://www.opengroup.org/cannes2002
========================================================================