Subject: [ldapext] LDAP Transactions

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:11:32 -0700

I have revised my proposal for LDAP Transactions (draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn
and draft-zeilenga-ldap-grouping) based upon IETF#56 discussions and
believe that they are basically ready to progressed for publication.

It's been suggested that Standard Track would be more appropriate
than Experimental.  Given that at least one vendor has implemented
the proposal, I believe we now have enough operational experience to
support a Standard Track recommendation.  Hence, unless consensus
is otherwise, I will recommend this work for the Standard Track.

Additionally, based on off-list discussions, I believe it appropriate
to return txnSpecifyOkay instead of success for operations specified
as part of the transaction to avoid overloading success (or any other
existing result code).

Please review draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn and draft-zeilenga-ldap-grouping
for suitability as Proposed Standards and post your comments before
21 May 2003.  I intend to make a recommendation for publication by
the end of the month.

Kurt

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext