Subject: Re: [ldapext] [Fwd: LDAP C API gripes]

From: Pierangelo Masarati <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:50:51 +0200

simo wrote:

>> There __is__ a standard way, it's described in RFC4512 secton 4.4; the
>> fact that some implementors don't comply with it, or do not populate
>> values as indicated in the standard is a totally different business.
> 
> Last I checked AD supported subschemaSubentry, I don't think that
> changed overnight. I can't say the same of the std openLdap installation
> you find on many distributions out there :)

Sorry, I missed this.  OpenLDAP supports subschemaSubentry since 2.0, 
June 2000.  It is, of course, an operational attribute and, as such, it 
must be explicitly requested by clients (RFC2251, A.D. 1997).  The fact 
that others don't comply with this requirement is not OpenLDAP's 
business.  If in 2007 there's still distros running OpenLDAP 1.X, well, 
they have more urgent things to care about than subschemaSubentry.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
---------------------------------------
Office:  +39 02 23998309
Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
Email:   [email-masked]
---------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext