Subject: Re: [ldapext] draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy: criticality

From: Pierangelo Masarati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 15:28:38 +0100

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

>> The main problem is that it's impossible to find out whether a server 
>> supports a certain control (within a particular naming context) 
>> without sending it. (And even if you send it and 
>> unavailableCriticalExtension you cannot really tell if the client sent 
>> several critical controls.)
> 
> What about a "whoFailed?" control, whose criticality MUST be FALSE, 
> which is supposed to result in returning a control whose value is a set 
> of OIDs of the extensions (exop, control, whatever) that failed?  In 
> most cases, only the first that failed would be returned, but this would 
> be left to the implementation.

See <http://www.openldap.org/its?findid=5784> and 
<http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/doc/drafts/draft-masarati-ldap-whatfailed-xx.txt> 
(plan to submit it shortly).  It's already in OpenLDAP's HEAD code.

p.
_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext