Subject: Re: [ldapext] LDAP work at IETF...

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:49:37 -0400

Back in January, Ludovic suggested starting up a new working group:

 > Over the years, there has been a number of documents related to the
 > Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) that have been left
 > unfinished or are slowly progressing.
 >
 > There are a number of individuals that have interest in re-forming an
 > IETF Working Group around LDAP to finish some of the work and make
 > them on the Standard Track. Howard Chu and I are ready to lead that
 > effort.
 >
 > I’d like to poll the audience of this mailing list on the interest of
 > seeing this progressing. I would also like to hear about volunteers to
 > work on those documents, either contributing text or reviewing them
 > carefully.

I saw a bunch of responses from people interested in working on this, 
including Michael Ströder, Gavin Henry, Clément Oudot, Andrew Findlay, 
and Mark Bannister.  That's a very good sign.

Michael said:
 > For a WG we probably have to write a charter.
 > Who's willing to draft one?

He's quite right.  I'd like to see those interested in proceeding with 
this develop a working group charter specifying what you want to work on 
and what the deliverables are.  Ludovic, you said in January that you 
and Howard "are ready to lead that effort."  Can the two of you get 
things started by reviewing the responses to your post and sketching out 
a draft charter for people to comment on? I'll be happy to help with the 
charter, and will bring it forward to the IESG when y'all are ready.

Barry Leiba, Applications and Real-Time (ART) Area Director

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:55:25 -0400