Subject: [ldapext] referencing attribute types

From: Dieter Klünter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 21:31:13 +0100

Hi,

As we are going to restructure schemas and attribute types, I would 
suggest to adopt X.520 structure of attribute types. That is

- System attribute types

- Labelling attribute types

- Geographical attribute types

- Organizational attribute types

- Explanatory attribute types

- Postal Adressing attribute types

- Telecommunication attribute types

- Relational attribute types

- Domain attribute types

I propose to map following attribute type originating from X.520 to a 
ldap schema:

dnQualifier and organizationIdentifier.

-Dieter

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 00:02:06 +0100

Dieter Klünter wrote:
> As we are going to restructure schemas and attribute types,

Huh? Which text in the ldapext draft charter indicates that we are
"going to restructure schemas and attribute types"?

The work item "inetOrgPerson 2.0 schema" is meant to just update or
replace RFC 2798. No more, no less. And I'd be willing to work on this one.

> I would suggest to adopt X.520 structure of attribute types. That is
If you want to add work items you should come up with precise text for
ldapext draft charter describing what to do. And you should commit
yourself to work on it.

> dnQualifier and organizationIdentifier.

Personally I see no use for 'dnQualifier'. And 'organizationIdentifier'
would be more suitable in a update for RFC 4519 which we do *not* have
on our list yet.

Again:
Just mentioning ideas here is not enough.
You guys have to come up with charter text and put your name on work items!

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: William Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 13:20:40 +1000

> You guys have to come up with charter text and put your name on work

Exactly. We need the charter done first. 

The dead line for that is approaching, so we need to consider
submitting it in it's current form. 

> 
> Ciao, Michael.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ldapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext
-- 
Sincerely,

William Brown
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Australia/Brisbane