Subject: DirConnect5

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:44:27 +0100

DirConnect5 - Second Call

The theme of the forthcoming Open Group Members Meeting to be held in
Washington DC from 25th to 29th October is "Trust and Confidence in the
Global Infrastructure".  In addition to the meeting sessions we will hold a
DirConnect testing session from 26 - 28 October which will focus on the
directory and security interoperability required to support a trusted
infrastructure.

The testing will build upon the work done at DirConnect4 (Montreal, July)
which explored LDAP V3 functionality and the storage and retrieval of
certificates.

This event will provide the ideal environment for the detection and
resolution of interoperability problems that may have arisen through
different interpretations of the standard or implementation error.  This is
your chance as a developer of directory software to bring your application
to a workshop-style event and check that it really works with
implementations from your competitors.

As usual, only technical staff will be invited with marketing staff and
press explicitly excluded in order to create an environment where
implementors feel free to discuss technical details of their software. This
policy will be strictly observed and measures taken to maintain security.

DirConnect 5 will be held at The Embassy Suites Crystal City/National
Airport, 1300 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington 22202 US, Tel: (703)979-9799.
The Embassy Suites Hotel is about three blocks from the Crystal City Hilton
where the Open Group Members Meeting will be held.

The facilities will include: Open room with tables, power, and connectivity
for participant systems; 10BaseT network; Connection to the Internet;
Buffet lunch served each day; Break food; Security for equipment left on site 

Cost of Attendance: The cost is $1000 per company for members of the Open
Group and $3500 for non-members.
Registration is per company, which is up to three people and three
computers. Additional people for a registered company can attend at a cost
of $350 per person. Due to space limitations of the event room, the event
is limited to 30 people total. We request that participants bring as few
people as possible to get the job done well (but to bring as many as are
needed!). This should not be an issue since many companies will send only
one or two people to the event.

For more details please contact Clive Betteridge
([email-masked]) or Chris Harding ([email-masked])

Regards,

Chris
+++++

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
           Chris Harding
  T H E    Development Manager
 O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked]   Ph: +44 118 950 8311 x2262
           WWW: http://www.opengroup.org    Fx: +44 118 950 0110  

OSF/1, Motif, UNIX and the "X" device are registered trademarks in
the US and other countries, and IT DialTone and The Open Group are
trademarks of The Open Group.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------