Subject: [ledbat] Commitment to contribute by P2P-next project

From: Johan Pouwelse <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:38:34 +0200

Dear ledbat group,

Hereby the P2P-Next research group commits itself to contributing to Ledbat
a 'next-generation congestion control algorithm'.

We have developed new algorithms and initial running Open Source code which
we are expanding. Before the end of this year we are planning to conduct an
open Internet trial with over 50.000 participants.
P2P-Next is a European Union sponsored project with a budget of 19 million
Euro. We are commited to use part of these resources to deploy and
standardize a novel congestion control algorithm.
We have reviewed in detail the current proposals on the Stockholm agenda.
Our key contribution due before end of 2009 is an algorithm which is
designed to move beyond the 1-to-1 context of current state-of-the-art. We
improve efficiency by utilising the fact that large majority of background
upload traffic takes place in a 1 uploader to N receivers context. Our
initial measurements indicate that local and remote congestion can be
identified with superior accuracy if this context is exploited.

>From the strategic side we plan to be completely open about sharing of our
Open Source code, algorithms and (anonymised) datasets.

By contacting you prior to this meeting we hope that you can take our work
into account when relevant.
The technical detail of our work will be given within a month from now.

Greetings,
Dr. Johan pouwelse, scientific director of P2P-next.

On Jul 27, 2009 5:48 AM, "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]> wrote:

 LEDBAT WG Meeting
IETF 75
Stockholm, Sweden

Chairs:  S. Shalunov
         M. Sridharan
         B. Aboba (acting)

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
13:00 - 15:00
Congresshall B

Preliminaries (10 minutes)

Note well
Blue Sheets
Minute Takers
Jabber Scribe
Agenda bashing
Document Status

Documents Under Consideration for Adoption as a WG Work Item (80 minutes)

13:10 - 13:40  Low Extra Delay Background  Transport (LEDBAT), S. Shalunov
(30 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-shalunov-ledbat-congestion

13:40 – 14:10 LEDBAT Practices and Recommendations, R. Penno (30 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-penno-ledbat-app-practices-recommendations

14:10 – 14:30 A Survey of Lower-than-Best Effort Transport Protocols, M.
Welzl (20 minutes)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-welzl-ledbat-survey

Next Steps and Wrapup (30 minutes)

14:30 – 15:00 Chairs & Area Directors (30 minutes)

<http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=EML_WLHM_GreaterGood>

_______________________________________________
ledbat mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ledbat