Subject: [lemonade] Liaison to OMA

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:05:03 -0500

Folks,

Below is the proposed liaison to OMA.

Let me know if you have any comments before Dec 5th.

Cheers,
Glenn

From: IETF LEMONADE Working Group
To: OMA MWG MEM Sub Working Group
Title: Regarding the OMA Mobile Email RD & AD	
Response contact:  [email-masked]
Purpose:  For Action
Deadline:  January 16, 2006

The LEMONADE working group (WG) would like to thank the OMA Mobile Email
Sub Working Group for making us aware of the final version of the Mobile
Email Requirements document.  In addition we have noticed the latest
version of Mobile Email Architecture document (v1 - 20051023) on your
website.  These have been made available to the LEMONADE participants on
our supplemental website.

The IETF LEMONADE WG is working on the mobile email topic and we believe
our work to enhance Internet Mail is relevant to your requirements.
While our charter is specific on what aspects we are working on, the WG
has determined that it can cover all of the relevant OMA requirements
that affect Internet protocols.  Note that in some cases the work may be
conducted under related WGs (e.g., SIEVE, IMAPEXT, OPES), but the
LEMONADE WG plans to act as the interface to the OMA MEM activity.

We have reviewed your draft architecture document and have drafted a
proposed realization of the OMA MEM architecture using IETF protocols.
This is a work in progress and we would appreciate your feedback on this
document.

During this review, several specific comments were raised on the AD that
we would appreciate your consideration of:
1. is a protocol really needed to cope with lost notifications?
2. 'cache delete' is more precise than 'local delete'
3. are signed notifications required?

We would like to draw your attention to the fact that LEMONADE is
currently wrapping up the first phase of its work.  This means that
final IETF review is currently underway and that publication of LEMONADE
profile as RFCs is likely before year end.

Additional input on final details required to meet OMA requirements have
been reviewed, some are already WG documents.  The timeline would likely
result in the remaining protocol proposals being accepted as WG
documents later this year with review and conclusion later in 2006.

Up-to-date information on LEMONADE Internet-Drafts and RFCs can always
be found at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/lemonade-charter.html with
more detail tracked on the supplemental site.

Finally, as information, the next meetings of the IETF LEMONADE WG are:
*	Jan/Feb - LEMONADE interim - TBD
*	Mar 20-24 - IETF 65 plenary - Dallas, TX
*	Jul 10-14 - IETF 66 plenary - TBD

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade