Subject: [lemonade] IEEE NetCri 2007: Call for papers

From: Tamer Elsharnouby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:49:09 -0400 (EDT)

**     Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call for papers      **
===============================================================================

                                Call for Papers
                                   NetCri 07

                         The First International Workshop on 
                Research Challenges in Next Generation  Networks for 
                   First Responders and Critical Infrastructures

                       http://www.cs.umd.edu/~sharno/NetCri

                            In Conjunction with 

              IEEE IPCCC 2007, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 11-13
===============================================================================

As advances in pervasive computing, wireless communication and sensor networks
continue, more opportunities are open to first responders and critical infra-
structures to benefit from these technologies. Providing first responders with
the best possible technology, infrastructure and services help save the lives
of the general public and the  first responders as well. One of the main 
challenges to the operations of first responders and critical infrastructures
is to deploy a communication network that is dependable, secure, and rapidly
deployable. In order to operate effectively, the deployed network supports
services such as location determination, audio and video communication, and in
site and remote sensing. Another key feature for first responders and critical
infrastructures networks is to support interactions among multiple heterogen-
eous networks. 
      
This workshop provides a forum for researchers, industry, and government 
agencies to discuss the challenges facing the design, deployment and operation-
al issues for next generation network support for first responders and critical
infrastructure. The workshop will identify and define fundamental concepts and 
techniques, resolve conflicts between different approaches in the area, and 
provide a common ground for an advanced research and development agenda. Topics
of interest include, but are not limited to:
  - Smart environments (buildings, roads, vehicles, etc.) 
  - Fast roaming  in heterogonous network environment
  - Localization and time synchronization 
  - Rapidly deployable and self configuring services and networks
  - Security, dependability, privacy, and performance trade-offs
  - QoS in heterogeneous wireless networks
  - Sensor and actuator networks for information gathering and real-time control
  - Network and system support for augmented reality and visual analytics
  - Simulation studies of first responders and critical infrastructures’ 
    networks
  - Novel and adaptive communication protocols to support first responders and
    critical infrastructure’ operation
  - Resource management and allocation
  - Power control management
  - Admission, load and flow control
  - Performance analysis and experimentation of heterogeneous wireless networks
  - Security techniques and methods for heterogeneous wireless networks
  - Interoperability among WLANs, Cellular, WSN and wired networks
  - Metrics and measurements on heterogeneous networks
  - Mobility models and traffic patterns in disaster areas
  - Cross-layer design
  - Testbeds

Paper Submission

Papers should describe original, previously unpublished work, not currently 
under review by another conference, workshop, or journal. Authors are invited
to submit a maximum of 6 pages papers including the abstract, figures and 
references. Papers should include the title, author(s), authors' affiliation
and an abstract.  The formatting should be according to IEEE rules. Papers 
should be submitted in a PDF format using the EDAS submission system.

Accepted papers will be accessible through the IEEE digital library and are 
included in the conference proceedings.

Important Dates

   Submission deadline:         November 30, 2006
   Notification of acceptance:  January 5, 2007
   Camera ready version:        January 26, 2007

Workshop Organizing Committee

   Program Co-Chairs
	Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Tech, USA
	Moustafa Youssef,   University of Maryland, USA 

   Publicity Co-Chairs
        Tamer Elsharnouby,  Microsoft Corporation, USA
        James Joshi,        University of Pittsburg, USA

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade