Subject: [lemonade] Invitation to the Lemonade interop event

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:09:21 +0100

Hi folks,
During the Montreal IETF meeting Lemonade WG chairs announced a plan to
have Lemonade interop event in October.
So with chairs permission I would like to invite people to come to the 
Lemonade interop testing
event, which will be held in Maidenhead, UK (London area) on October
23rd - 25th 2006.

A room for the event is booked at Nortel's office in Maidenhead (Thanks
to Nortel and Glenn in particular!).

The Nortel site is (see <http://www.lemonadeformobiles.com/MOP.pdf> 
(PDF) for directions):

   Maidenhead Office Park
   Westacott Way, Maidenhead,
   Berkshire SL6 3QH England
   Tel: 01628 432000

There is a cafeteria on site for lunch.

There is a phone, and Glenn can have a phone bridge opened for
discussion as needed.

There is Internet access for at least the Nortel attendees.  Glenn is
trying to verify external access for everybody else...

There is a Nortel shuttle bus from Maidenhead Station to MOP.  Please
contact Glenn Parsons <[email-masked]> for more details.

Information about suggested hotels is here:

<http://www.lemonadeformobiles.com/lemonade_interop_hotels.html>*

*A couple of important additional comments:

1). If you are planning to come in person, and haven't told me or Glenn,
*please* do so ASAP. Glenn has to sign in every visitor, so he need to
know names of attendees in advance.

2). There is no fee for participation in the event.

3). This is not an IETF event, as IETF doesn't formally do any interop
testing. However many IETFers will be present. Also note that this is in
no way a marketing event.

4). Note that it is Ok for people to come to the event just to observe
and/or discuss implementation plans. This is even encouraged.

5). Several people have already confirmed that they are coming to the 
event.
There would be at least 3 server vendors present in person.

7). People coming should be prepared to be productive in absence of
Internet connectivity. Just in case we encounter some external
connectivity problems.  (There would be a local network available with
DHCP, etc. So if you bring a laptop, that should be sufficient)

7). All attendees are expected to sign NDA
<http://www.lemonadeformobiles.com/lemonade_interop_nda.html>
 in order to participate in  the event. This will allow developers to speak
freely about implementation details.

8). People coming should bring some giveaways for other participants
who find bugs in your software.

9). I will separately send some instructions on how servers need to be
configured for the event.

Please contact me directly if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Alexey

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:59:08 +0100

> event, which will be held in Maidenhead, UK (London area) on October

Tentative agenda for the event:
<http://www.melnikov.ca/lemonade_interop/LemonadeInterop1.Agenda.txt>

And server setup is described:
<http://www.melnikov.ca/lemonade_interop/LemonadeInterop1.ServerSetup.txt>

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 19:06:45 +0100

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

>> So with chairs permission I would like to invite people to come to 
>> the Lemonade interop testing

People who are planning to attend should let me know if there are some 
extra extensions they would like to test or topics they would like to 
discuss.

Thanks,
Alexey