Subject: [lemonade] Publication Request: Reconnect Client

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:54:30 +0100

DOCUMENT:
IMAP4 Extensions for Quick Mailbox Resynchronization
Draft-ietf-lemonade-reconnect-client-03
(Standards Track)
 
(1.a) Document Shepherd: Eric Burger, [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> , personally reviewed this document.  This
document is ready for publication.
 
(1.b) Work group review: The lemonade work group provided review of this
document. There were a few comments by Randy Gellens on the WGLC of -02; the
two changes are incorporated in -03.
 
(1.c) Further review required: This document does not need further
specialized review, as it has received review by many members of the IMAP
community.
 
(1.d.i) Document Shepherd Comfort Level: High
(1.d.ii) Document Useful and Needed: Yes
(1.d.iii) IPR Disclosures: None known
 
(1.e) WG Consensus: There was virtually no comment on this revision, mainly
because there was substantial comment on the previous version that was
addressed. This group is normally very vocal if there are problems.  The
only substantial comment was by a client implementer who said that the
protocol would ³do no harm.²
 
(1.f)  There are no members with objections or concerns. There are no
threats of appeal or process issues.
 
(1.g) ID-nits: Check and verified with idnits 2.04.01
 
(1.h) References: All references (normative and informative) are current
RFCs, checked with rfc-what-i-mean (11/06)
 
(1.i) IANA Considerations: Yes, correct, consistent, and follows RFC 3501
rules; note that actual capability name will be given to IANA during AUTH48.
 
(1.j) ABNF: Passes Bill¹s ABNF Parser
 
(1.k) Document Announcement:
 
Technical Summary
 
This document defines an IMAP4 extension, which gives an IMAP client the
ability to quickly resynchronize any previously opened mailbox as part of
the SELECT command, without the need for server-side state or additional
client round-trips. This extension also introduces a new response that
allows for a more compact representation for a list of expunged messages.

Working Group Summary
 
There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.  There are three
client implementations and four server implementations by work group
members.

Document Quality
 
Virtually all members of the Lemonade WG have reviewed the document.
 
The document has been checked manually and using idnits 2.04.01, and passed
both checks. 
 
Eric Burger shepherds this document, has reviewed this document, and
believes that this version is ready for forwarding to the IESG for
publication.

_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade