Subject: Re: [lemonade] METADATA use by Lemonade Profile Bis and suggested simplifications

From: Dan Karp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:28:00 -0800 (PST)

> ADMIN-1: It MUST be possible to provision the mobile email client, based 
> on any combination of who the user is and what the device is.
> ADMIN-4: Authorized principals MUST be able to configure the settings of 
> the user preferences/filters/configurable settings for a particular user
> ADMIN-7: It MUST be possible for a user to view, edit and reset settings 
> of a mobile email client
> USAB-11: The mobile email enabler MUST support:
>       Different methods for notifying the client about new emails based 
> on capabilities of the network
>       The ability for the user to select the transport method based on
> the capabilities of the client and network (e.g. SMS, Push, MMS etc)
>       The ability for the user to select if, when and how events are 
> accessed by the client
> USAB-16: Authorized principals MUST be able to select the ways that 
> email events are sent to or accessed by the mobile email client and 
> other email settings that may affect the server behaviour
> USAB-28: The mobile email enabler SHOULD support activation/deactivation 
> of auto-reply from the client. Automatically generated replies SHOULD
> avoid mail loops (RFC 2821 and related RFCs)

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but this seems like a significant
expansion of Lemonade.  Putting aside the discussion of slightly slimming
METADATA, I'm not convinced of the wisdom of such a thing at this point.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 19:05:50 +0000

Dan Karp wrote:

>expansion of Lemonade.
While I think I already got all response I needed on this subject, I am 
replying to this for completeness.

I've already mentioned storing SEARCH criteria on the server in another 
thread.

I would also note that "USAB-11" was addressed in earlier versions of 
draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications.