Subject: [lemonade] NOTIFY

From: Peter Coates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:12:03 -0800

Well, I can authoritatively say that much of the NOTIFY specification is
implementable as it stands with the following caveats

(1)    It is hard to do the necessary error recovery for partially
successful commands.  If the command is simplified in the manner suggested
in my last email (get rid of SET/ADD, specify only one eventgroup per
command), then error recovery becomes feasible

(2)    I have not experimented with implementing beyond the
messagenew/messageexpunge/FlagChange/AnnotationChange events

(3)    I have a structural issue with reporting on a subset of
messagenew/messageexpunge: do I have any hope of persuading people to
combine these two?

I base this assertion on having implemented these event types with a variant
notify command of the sort I suggest.

Kind of weird seeing a changeflag event being triggered by a BODY[.] fetch
triggered by a notify.

Peter  

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade