Subject: [lemonade] Profile-bis and IMAP Notifications

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:15:24 -0500

WITH CHAIR HAT OFF, just a member of the work group...

Right now we say Lemonade Message Stores MUST support IDLE and is silent on
NOTIFY.

I would offer Lemonade Message Stores MUST support NOTIFY and MAY support
IDLE.

Mandating support for IDLE means IDLE lives forever, even if no one uses it
in the future.

If there are other reasons for servers to support IDLE, like no extant
client today supports NOTIFY, then market forces will ensure Lemonade
Message Stores will support IDLE for the time being.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade