Subject: [lemonade] Protocol Action: 'IMAP CONVERT extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:36:50 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IMAP CONVERT extension '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-convert-20.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Chris Newman and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-convert-20.txt

Technical Summary

   CONVERT defines extensions to IMAP allowing clients to request
   adaptation and/or transcoding of attachments.  Clients can specify
   the conversion details or allow servers to decide based on knowledge
   of client capabilities, on user or administrator preferences or its
   settings.

Working Group Summary

   The document went through two WGLC, the first one resulted in
   a major document rewrite.

   After the second WGLC it became clear that there was no consensus
   on proposed conversion discovery mechanisms. The editors formally
   polled the WG in order to figure out if any particular approach
   was preferred. Results of the poll indicated rough consensus in
   favor of conversion discovery mechanism using the CONVERSIONS
   command and AVAILABLECONVERSIONS CONVERT data item.

Document Quality

   There is at least 1 existing server implementation and at
   least 3 other server implementations are planned. At least
   2 client implementers are interested in implementing the
   specification.

   At least 6 people have reviewed the document. Posted comments
   were addressed in the latest revision.

Personnel

   Eric Burger is the Document Shepherd.  Chris Newman is the
   Responsible Area Director.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade