Subject: [lemonade] IMAP NOTIFY issue

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:55:42 +0100

Section 6 currently contains the following paragraph:

  If for any given event type the client specifies monitoring of the same
  mailbox several times (using the same or different mailbox 
specifications),
  the first specification wins.

The paragraph quoted above is followed by:

  Note that for different event types different <event-group>s can apply to
  the same mailbox.  The following example demonstrates this.  In this 
example,
  MessageNew and MessageExpunge events are reported for INBOX due to
  the first <event-group>. SubscriptionChange event will also be reported
  for INBOX due to the second <event-group>.

So, if we have a NOTIFY SET command:

 C: a notify set (mailboxes INBOX (SubscriptionChange Messagenew 
messageExpunge)) (personal (SubscriptionChange))

the first quoted paragraph seem to be saying that SubscriptionChange, 
MessageNew and MessageExpunge events would be returned for INBOX
and the "personal" mailbox selector wouldn't apply to INBOX, because 
SubscriptionChange is already specified in "mailboxes INBOX".
But, NOTIFY has no way to exclude mailboxes, so this makes no much sense.
So, I've deleted the first quoted paragraph and changed the first 
sentence of the second quoted paragraph to read:
  Note that multiple <event-group>s can apply to the same mailbox.

(i.e. I've deleted "for different event types" and changed "diffent" to 
"multiple")
If you think this change is an error, please let me know.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade