Subject: Re: [lemonade] Determining the "has attachment" status of a message

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:54:34 +0200

I should clarify the results of my test, since it has been misunderstood.

I did NOT compress 'fetch 1:* bodystructure' into eight bytes per 
message. What I did was different. I sent 'fetch 1:* envelope' and 
'fetch 1:* (envelope bodystructure)' and computed the size difference.

So what my test shows is that if you're fetching To/Cc/From/Subject for 
a number of messages, then fetching bodystructure USING THE SAME 
COMMAND adds about eight bytes per message to the compressed size of 
the response.

I haven't measured what happens if separate commands are used, and I 
dare not predict or guess. And my test only used the mail in my inbox 
at the time, which may or may not look like anyone else's.

Arnt
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade