Subject: Re: [lemonade] CONTEXT with sequence searches

From: Dan Karp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:30:08 -0700 (PDT)

> > I was under the impression that sequence sets (and UID sets) in
> > SEARCH/SORT contexts applied only at SEARCH/SORT time.  So "2"
> > in your example would mean "the message at sequence 2 at time of
> > search", not "whichever message currently occupies sequence 2".
> 
> I don't really see this specified one way or another anywhere. But
> your interpretation could be better, or at least it's a lot easier
> to implement.

You're right that the draft needs to specify this behavior.  It has
to weigh in on OLDER/YOUNGER, too.  (Like you, I'm rooting for the
easier-to-implement interpretation.)
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 04:54:40 +0300

> easier-to-implement interpretation.)

Oh, right. I forgot OLDER/YOUNGER since I implemented it before CONTEXT.
But at least that's clearly defined in the WITHIN RFC:

   Both OLDER and YOUNGER searches always result in exact matching, to
   the resolution of a second.  However, if one is doing a dynamic
   evaluation, for example, in a context [CONTEXT], one needs to be
   aware that the server might perform the evaluation periodically.