Subject: [lemonade] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-notify-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The IMAP NOTIFY Extension
	Author(s)	: C. King
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-notify-06.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2008-6-26
	
This document defines an IMAP extension which allows a client to
    request specific kinds of unsolicited notifications for specified
    mailboxes, such as messages being added to or deleted from  mailboxes.

    [[Add Updates: RFC-CONTEXT to the headers]]

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-notify-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:17:38 +0300

> <<Open Issue: should there be a way to require the server to return  
> UNSEEN?>>

My suggestion would be MessageNew-like parameters, maybe:

  - FlagChange : Track all changes, don't return UNSEEN
  - FlagChange (\Seen \*) : Track all changes, return UNSEEN
  - FlagChange (\Seen) : Track only \Seen changes, return UNSEEN

This would also allow in future:

  - FlagChange ($keyword1 $keyword2)

2) Perhaps the ABNF should be changed so that filter-mailboxes- 
selected can only contain message-events? And related to that: Is the  
NONE events useful elsewhere than for SELECTED/SELECTED-DELAYED? I  
don't think so? So maybe the ABNF could be like:

event-group = event-group-selected / event-group-other

event-group-selected = "(" filter-mailboxes-selected SP message-events  
")"

message-events = ( "(" message-event *(SP message-event) ")" ) / "NONE"

events = ( "(" event *(SP event) ")" )
     ;; NONE dropped