Subject: [lisp] #113: inbound traffic engineering support with LISP

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:10:57 -0000

#113: inbound traffic engineering support with LISP
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Reporter:  yakov@…            |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical          |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major              |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                  |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 From Section 2:

    4.  Traffic engineering capabilities that can be performed by
     network elements and do not depend on injecting additional
     state into the routing system.  This will fall out of the
     mechanism that is use to implement the EID/RLOC split (see Section 4).

 What is described in Section 4 is the use of LISP for outbound/forward
 traffic engineering. There is nothing in Section 4 that describes how LISP
 could be used to support inbound/return traffic engineering.Either (a) the
 draft should add specific details on how LISP supports inbound/return
 traffic engineering, or (b) the draft has to explicitly state that LISP
 support for traffic engineering is limited to the outbound/forward traffic
 only.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/113>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 21:21:16 +0200

Yakov,

> #113: inbound traffic engineering support with LISP

AFAIK, the BGP specification does not explain how to perform traffic
engineering. For LISP, I propose to add a reference to a paper that
describes one possible solution for both inbound and outbound te

http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be/publications/interdomain-traffic-engineering-locatoridentifier-separation-context

This reference could close this ticket.

Olivier