Subject: [lisp] Proposed minor updates to draft-ietf-lisp-09.txt

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:55:07 -0700

The co-chairs have asked the authors to add more to the IANA  
Considerations section. Terry has provided text to align the LCAF  
Types with what the IANA registry will hold. The IANA values are the  
ones that the main LISP spec will refer to and are considered in- 
charter for the working group. The other defined LCAF Types left for  
experimentation are documented in draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-01.txt.

There were also some brief clarification additions that were queued up  
that we added. The changes include:

B.1.  Changes to draft-ietf-lisp-09.txt

    o  Posted September 2010.

    o  Add to IANA Consideration section about the use of LCAF Type
       values that accepted and maintained by the IANA registry and not
       the LCAF specification.

    o  Indicate that implementations should be able to receive LISP
       control messages when either UDP port is 4342, so they can be
       robust in the face of intervening NAT boxes.

    o  Add paragraph to SMR section to indicate that an ITR does not  
need
       to respond to an SMR-based Map-Request when it has no map-cache
       entry for the SMR source's EID-prefix.

It is still up to the co-chairs to decide if draft-farinacci-lisp- 
lcaf-01 should become a working group document. We will let them  
comment.

Enclosed is the latest draft and diff file. Since the changes are  
pretty mild, we would like to give a 1 week review period.

Thanks,
Dino/Darrel/Vince/Dave