Subject: Re: [lisp] draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00 as a work group item

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 21:43:33 -0700

This email is to ensure the WG is not left in the dark.

To close off on this item, the period for comments is over.

Ideally, based on the overwhelming support for this draft to be accepted as
a work group item, a consensus call could easily be made. However there are
sections in the draft that are not only out of scope of the WG charter they
directly sit in other work group's areas of focus.

Joel and I have been discussing these items with the ADs, and also with the
draft authors as there are parts of draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00 which are
useful to LISP and we don't want to loose that value.

Discussions are ongoing and we hope to come back to the WG shortly with more
information.

Cheers
Terry

On 17/08/10 10:46 AM, "Terry Manderson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Workgroup,
> 
> The authors of draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00 have requested for it to be
> considered as a workgroup item.
> 
> I am opening a 14 day call for comments on the adoption of this document as
> a WG item.
> 
> You will find the ID at:
> 
>     http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00
> 
> Please email the WG list stating that you either accept, or not accept, the
> item before Tuesday the 31st of August 2010.
> 
> If you email to support the acceptance of this document as a WG item, please
> also indicate if you are able to either contribute to, or review, (or both)
> the draft.
> 
> Sitting in silence does not indicate support, please respond appropriately.
> 
> 
> Cheers
> Terry (& Joel)
> 
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 00:06:35 -0700

Folks,

WG Co-chair hat on.

To close off this loop, the authors of draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00 have
withdrawn their request for this document to be considered a work group item
as it (for the most part) is not in scope of the LISP Charter as it stands.

draft-farinacci-lisp-lcaf-00 will continue as an individual draft and not as
a LISP WG item.

I'd like to thank the authors for being more than patient with Joel and
myself while discussions took place.

Cheers
Terry