Subject: [lisp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-lisp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:30:22 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
	Author(s)       : D. Farinacci, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-09.txt
	Pages           : 80
	Date            : 2010-10-11

This draft describes a network-based protocol that enables separation
of IP addresses into two new numbering spaces: Endpoint Identifiers
(EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs).  No changes are required to
either host protocol stacks or to the "core" of the Internet
infrastructure.  LISP can be incrementally deployed, without a "flag
day", and offers traffic engineering, multi-homing, and mobility
benefits even to early adopters, when there are relatively few LISP-
capable sites.

Design and development of LISP was largely motivated by the problem
statement produced by the October, 2006 IAB Routing and Addressing
Workshop.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.