Subject: [lp-wan] Fwd: RtgDir review: draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-07.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:48:12 -0500

I was fooled by the dash ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:42 PM
Subject: RtgDir review: draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-07.txt
To: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review. The purpose of
the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs. For more
information about the Routing Directorate, please see ​
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-07.txt
Reviewer: Andy Malis
Review Date: 12 January 2018
IETF LC End Date: 16 January 2018
Intended Status: Informational

Summary:
No issues found. This document is ready for publication.

Comments:
This is a well-written introduction to the subject area and relevant
technologies, especially for someone not otherwise familiar with the topic.
It is clearly ready for publication.

Major Issues:
No major issues found.

Minor Issues:
No minor issues found.

Nits:
Section 2.4.1 includes a list of example applications, such as smart
municipality/city infrastructure monitoring and management, for the Wi-SUN
Alliance Field Area Network. It would be a very helpful addition to the
document if the other three described technologies (sections 2.1, 2.2, and
2.3) could also include example applications, such as Remote Energy and
Heat Monitoring for LoRaWAN (I found that via a web search).

Section 2.1.2
s/o  - Join Server:/o  Join Server:/
s/EU868MHz/EU 868MHz/

Thanks,
Andy

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 23:01:48 +0000

(re-tx to fix list name)

Thanks,

Nit fixed in editor's copy. If folks on the lpwan list provide
me with sentences for example applications, I'd add that in. I
agree it could be useful.

Cheers,
S.

On 12/01/18 21:42, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
> information about the Routing Directorate, please see â€‹

-- 
PGP key change time for me.
New-ID 7B172BEA; old-ID 805F8DA2 expires Jan 24 2018.
NewWithOld sigs in keyservers.
Sorry if that mucks something up;-)