Subject: [lp-wan] Ticket #10: Interleave different packets

From: Ana Minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:11:20 +0100

Explain with an example the following text:

"The Rule ID in the fragmentation header also allows interleaving
non-fragmented IPv6 datagrams with fragments that carry a larger IPv6
datagram"

#10 interleaving possible between fragmented and non-fragmented
packets? yes. Rewriting of text?
     JCZ: interleaving of different fragmented packets?
     Laurent: yes, they have different DTAGs.
     Edgar: will see devices multi-RAT. Also, on NB-IoT, several
bearers of different characteristics. Fragmentation might be needed on
one bearer and not on another one.
     Are the instances of compressor/decompressor one per radio access
or one per bearer?
     Carles: for compression, rules could be the same even cross
different radios. Fragmentation need to be specific.
     JCZ:
     Laurent: the current description only aapplies to a single bearer.
     Edgar: you mean one entity per
     Laurent: current description is for a single radio. could extend
model e.g. with different rules for different bearers.
     Pascal: this goes beyond to initial goal.
     Edgar: would avoid this spec to be limiting us in the fture.
     Pascal: can be made to work with a set of rule per bearer.
     Edgar: LTE-M is a bit more dynamic, switching from one bearer to
another. Fear that this approach might be a limitation. Maybe as JCZ
says, compressed could be same, fragmentation changed  when changing
bearer.
     Pascal: same with LoRaWAN. Cannot switch SF in the middle of a
fragmented packed.
     Esgar: similar, even worse with LTE-M.
     Pascal: changing MTU, IP above it should know.
     Edgar: maybe you're right, hae to have a maximum MTU.

---

Ana: Do we need to add something to the document?