Subject: [lp-wan] ticket #15: SCHC technology specific parameters

From: Ana Minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:30:48 +0100

This ticket is only informational, to give the list of parameters that need
to be defined in the specific technology documents, it is based on version
7 of the draft, so it needs to be updated for the last modifications.

I create a non-exhaustive list of things that may be important to be
defined in your document:

   - In the architecture explain the SCHC entities, how they will be
   represented in the corresponding technology architecture.
   - How to learn the context
   - Size of the Rule id
   - The way the Rule id is sent (L2 or L3) and how (describe)
   - Use of padding and how and when to use it
   - Fragmentation delivery reliability option used over your technology
   and why
   - Define the MAX_ACK_REQUEST
   - define the number of bits needed for Rule-id, FCN (N) and DTag (T)
      - Take into account that the length of rule-id+N+T + W= R and if
      possible is good to have a multiple of 8 bits to complete a byte
and avoid
      padding
      - In the ACK format perhaps the idea of integer number of bytes
      length for Rule-ID + T + W bit to do optimization more easily
   - The algorithm to be used for the MIC if it is different from the
   default
   - The timer size for Fragmentation ACK always
   - When to abort in ACK always
   - MAX_ATTEMPS counter size
   - In ACK on error the timer size between windows
   - The L2 CRC used to increase reliability

At least these are the things that the
draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-07 leaves to be defined in this
kind of documents