Subject: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:36:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Carles Gomez
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-10.txt
	Pages           : 60
	Date            : 2018-02-28

Abstract:
   This document defines the Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   framework, which provides header compression and fragmentation
   functionality.  SCHC has been tailored for Low Power Wide Area
   Networks (LPWAN).

   SCHC compression is based on a common static context stored in LPWAN
   devices and in the network.  This document applies SCHC compression
   to IPv6/UDP headers.  This document also specifies a fragmentation
   and reassembly mechanism that is used to support the IPv6 MTU
   requirement over LPWAN technologies.  Fragmentation is mandatory for
   IPv6 datagrams that, after SCHC compression or when it has not been
   possible to apply such compression, still exceed the layer two
   maximum payload size.

   The SCHC header compression mechanism is independent of the specific
   LPWAN technology over which it will be used.  Note that this document
   defines generic functionality.  This document purposefully offers
   flexibility with regard to parameter settings and mechanism choices,
   that are expected to be made in other, technology-specific,
   documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/