Subject: [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-15.txt> (Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using OSPF) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 14:06:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using
OSPF'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-15.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-08-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a way for an OSPF Router to advertise multiple
   types of supported Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link
   granularity.  Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized
   controllers) to determine whether a particular SID stack can be
   supported in a given network.  This document defines only one type of
   MSD, but defines an encoding that can support other MSD types.  Here
   the term OSPF means both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3040/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3254/