Subject: [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-14.txt> (Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using IS-IS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 12:30:03 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using
IS-IS'
  <draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-09-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a way for an Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) Router to advertise multiple types of
   supported Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.
   Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to
   determine whether a particular SID stack can be supported in a given
   network.  This document only defines one type of MSD maximum label
   imposition, but defines an encoding that can support other MSD types.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3037/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3255/