Subject: [Lsr] Late IPR Disclosures for draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd and draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 11:45:16 -0700

Dear lsr WG:

As you may have noticed, IPR disclosures were filed on August 13 for these
two documents — very late in the process, given that both documents had
already been sent to the IESG for publication.

Regardless of the timing, the statements don’t represent additional
disclosures.  Instead, they provide clarifications and correct a clerical
mistake.  As a whole, the information is the same as what has originally
presented.  Please see my analysis below.

I have no concerns with the contents of these disclosures.  If anyone has
concerns, please reply to this message by the end of next week (Sep/7).

Thanks!

Alvaro.

*Analysis*

(0) The notes below contain information that first refers
to draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd, and then
to draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd.

(1) On July 20, 2017, disclosures with IDs 3037 [1] and 3040 [2] were filed.

(2) In these declarations, the Patent Holder points at Application numbers
62/295453, 62/295454, respectively.

(3) On August 13, 2018, disclosures with IDs 3255 [3] and 3254 [4] were
filed.

(4) In these new declarations, the Patent Holder clarifies that the
corresponding Application numbers should be 62/295454
for draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd, and 62/295453
for draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd.

Conclusion: the new declarations correct the initial Application numbers
provided.  Those applications had already been considered by the OSPF and
ISIS WGs.  The licensing terms didn’t change.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3037/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3040/
[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3255/
[4] https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3254/