Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using OSPF' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:16:50 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using OSPF'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-23.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a way for an Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
   Router to advertise multiple types of supported Maximum SID Depths
   (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.  Such advertisements allow
   entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to determine whether a
   particular SID stack can be supported in a given network.  

Working Group Summary

   Nothing specific to highlight; normal process.

Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document for 1 1/2 years and has had
      several good reviews.

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.