Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using IS-IS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 12:44:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signaling MSD (Maximum SID Depth) using IS-IS'
  (draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a way for an Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) Router to advertise multiple types of
   supported Maximum SID Depths (MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.
   Such advertisements allow entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to
   determine whether a particular SID stack can be supported in a given
   network.  

Working Group Summary

   Nothing to highlight; normal process.

Document Quality

  This document has been a WG document for over a year (and has existed for
  over 2 yars) and has been regularly revised and well reviewed.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Christian Hopps
   AD: Alvaro Retana

IANA Note
  Designated Experts for the new "IGP MSD Types" registry are: Uma Chunduri ([email-masked]) and Jeff Tantsura ([email-masked]).