Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 03:05:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Restart Signaling for IS-IS
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Paul Wells
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-10-01

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for a restarting router to signal
   to its neighbors that it is restarting, allowing them to reestablish
   their adjacencies without cycling through the down state, while still
   correctly initiating database synchronization.

   This document additionally describes a mechansim for a router to
   signal its neighbors that it is preparing to initiate a restart while
   maintaining forwarding plane state.  This allows the neighbors to
   maintain their adjacencies until the router has restarted, but also
   allows the neighbors to bring the adjacencies down in the event of
   other topology changes.

   This document additionally describes a mechanism for a restarting
   router to determine when it has achieved Link State Protocol Data
   Unit (LSP) database synchronization with its neighbors and a
   mechanism to optimize LSP database synchronization, while minimizing
   transient routing disruption when a router starts.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5306.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/