Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8476 on Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) Using OSPF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:20:20 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8476

        Title:      Signaling Maximum SID Depth (MSD) Using OSPF 
        Author:     J. Tantsura, 
                    U. Chunduri,
                    S. Aldrin,
                    P. Psenak
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21547
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd-25.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8476

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8476

This document defines a way for an Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
router to advertise multiple types of supported Maximum SID Depths
(MSDs) at node and/or link granularity.  Such advertisements allow
entities (e.g., centralized controllers) to determine whether a
particular Segment Identifier (SID) stack can be supported in a given
network.  This document only refers to the Signaling MSD as defined
in RFC 8491, but it defines an encoding that can support other MSD
types.  Here, the term "OSPF" means both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "T.J. Mitchell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 13:28:06 -0500

Unsubscribe.. not sure how else to do that as the website states it doesn’t have an account for me.

Thanks,
TJM

> On Dec 12, 2018, at 13:20, [email-masked] wrote:
>