Subject: [Lsr] IPR Disclosure Eric Kenneth Rescorla's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric and draft-shen-isis-spine-leaf-ext belonging to Chemtron Research LLC

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 09:40:53 -0800

Dear Naiming Shen, Shane Amante, Mikael Abrahamsson:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "IS-IS
Routing with Reverse Metric" (draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric) was
submitted to the IETF Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page
of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3350/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Eric Kenneth Rescorla's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric and draft-shen-isis-spine-leaf-ext belonging
to Chemtron Research LLC"

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 14:11:16 -0800

Dear lsr WG:

The filing of this IRP disclosure against draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric is
the result of the IESG Evaluation of the document, where one of the
reviewers decided he needed to make a third-party IPR disclosure (see
details below).  A third-party disclosure is one where the IPR "is not
owned or controlled by an IETF Participant or his or her sponsor or
employer” (rfc8179) — this means that information such as the licensing
terms may not have been included.

This document has already been approved by the IESG for Publication.  I’m
holding it waiting for an update from the IETF Last Call comments.

In the meantime, please let us (the WG) know if you has any concerns with
the publication of this document in light of this new IPR declaration.
Please do so by end-of-day on December 10, 2019.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On December 3, 2018 at 12:41:25 PM, IETF Secretariat ([email-masked])
wrote:

(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3350/). The title of the IPR disclosure
is

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
Lsr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr

---

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 03:56:36 -0500

The IPR disclosure referenced 2 drafts, reverse metric and spine leaf and a patent. Is there any more specific information on how this patent might have relevance to these drafts in particular?

Thanks,
Chris.

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 5:11 PM, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear lsr WG:
> 
> The filing of this IRP disclosure against draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric is the result of the IESG Evaluation of the document, where one of the reviewers decided he needed to make a third-party IPR disclosure (see details below).  A third-party disclosure is one where the IPR "is not owned or controlled by an IETF Participant or his or her sponsor or employer” (rfc8179) — this means that information such as the licensing terms may not have been included.
> 
> This document has already been approved by the IESG for Publication.  I’m holding it waiting for an update from the IETF Last Call comments.
> 
> In the meantime, please let us (the WG) know if you has any concerns with the publication of this document in light of this new IPR declaration.  Please do so by end-of-day on December 10, 2019.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Alvaro.
> 
>  
> 
> On December 3, 2018 at 12:41:25 PM, IETF Secretariat ([email-masked]) wrote:
>

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:55:26 -0800

On December 19, 2018 at 3:56:37 AM, Christian Hopps ([email-masked])
wrote:

The IPR disclosure referenced 2 drafts, reverse metric and spine leaf and a
patent. Is there any more specific information on how this patent might
have relevance to these drafts in particular?

Nope…just what is in the disclosure.

Alvaro.