Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Routing with Reverse Metric' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 12:43:51 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Routing with Reverse Metric'
  (draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-reverse-metric/

Technical Summary

   This document describes a mechanism to allow IS-IS routing to quickly
   and accurately shift traffic away from either a point-to-point or
   multi-access LAN interface during network maintenance or other
   operational events.  This is accomplished by signaling adjacent IS-IS
   neighbors with a higher reverse metric, i.e., the metric towards the
   signaling IS-IS router.

Working Group Summary

   Normal WG process.

Document Quality

   There is vendor and operator interest in this technology. The document 
   had a good amount of review by the WG, changes were requested and 
   incorporated by the authors.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Christian Hopps
   AD: Alvaro Retana