Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-te-app-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 21:00:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS TE Attributes per application
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Peter Psenak
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Wim Henderickx
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-te-app-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-10-04

Abstract:
   Existing traffic engineering related link attribute advertisements
   have been defined and are used in RSVP-TE deployments.  Since the
   original RSVP-TE use case was defined, additional applications (e.g.,
   SRTE, LFA) have been defined which also make use of the link
   attribute advertisements.  In cases where multiple applications wish
   to make use of these link attributes the current advertisements do
   not support application specific values for a given attribute nor do
   they support indication of which applications are using the
   advertised value for a given link.

   This draft introduces new link attribute advertisements which address
   both of these shortcomings.  It also discusses backwards
   compatibility issues and how to minimize duplicate advertisements in
   the presence of routers which do not support the extensions defined
   in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-app/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-te-app-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-isis-te-app-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-te-app-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/