Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8668 on Advertising Layer 2 Bundle Member Link Attributes in IS-IS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 14:34:28 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8668

        Title:      Advertising Layer 2 Bundle Member 
                    Link Attributes in IS-IS 
        Author:     L. Ginsberg, Ed.,
                    A. Bashandy, 
                    C. Filsfils,
                    M. Nanduri,
                    E. Aries
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8668

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8668

There are deployments where the Layer 3 interface on which IS-IS
operates is a Layer 2 interface bundle. Existing IS-IS advertisements
only support advertising link attributes of the Layer 3 interface. If
entities external to IS-IS wish to control traffic flows on the
individual physical links that comprise the Layer 2 interface bundle,
link attribute information about the bundle members is required.

This document introduces the ability for IS-IS to advertise the link
attributes of Layer 2 (L2) Bundle Members.

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC