Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'Host Router Support for OSPFv2' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 08:54:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Host Router Support for OSPFv2'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

Technical Summary

   The Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2) does not have a
   mechanism for a node to repel transit traffic if it is on the
   shortest path.  This document defines a bit (Host-bit) that enables a
   router to advertise that it is a non-transit router."  It also
   describes the changes needed to support the H-bit in the domain.  In
   addition, this document updates RFC 6987 to advertise type-2 External
   and NSSA LSAs with a high cost in order to repel traffic effectively.

Working Group Summary

  Except for a long processing time, the draft has strong WG support.

Document Quality

   This is a straight forward draft, and similar function exists in ISIS and 
   OSPFv3.

Personnel

      Yingzhen Qu is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.