Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8665 on OSPF Extensions for Segment Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 13:53:50 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8665

        Title:      OSPF Extensions for Segment Routing 
        Author:     P. Psenak, Ed.,
                    S. Previdi, Ed.,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    H. Gredler,
                    R. Shakir,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    J. Tantsura
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-27.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8665

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8665

Segment Routing (SR) allows a flexible definition of end-to-end paths
within IGP topologies by encoding paths as sequences of topological
subpaths called "segments". These segments are advertised by the
link-state routing protocols (IS-IS and OSPF).

This document describes the OSPFv2 extensions required for Segment
Routing.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC