Subject: RE: [Ltru] [psg.com #967] address homograph issues insecurityconsiderations

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:37:35 +0100

Peter Constable wrote:

> I believe the only homograph issue is between LATIN SMALL 
> LETTER L and DIGIT ONE.

What about the digit "0" and the letter "O" ?

Misha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 22:01:56 +0200

Misha Wolf wrote:
 
>> LATIN SMALL LETTER L and DIGIT ONE.

Only possible in variants.  In theory we could avoid even this
possiility, but then we'd lose e.g. scouse21 for 21st century
scouse.  If later somebody tries to register sc0use2L to cause
havoc the tag reviewer would reject it => no issue.  Bye, Frank