Subject: [Ltru] RE: sad and afflicting (was [psg.com #969]character set considerations material is contradictory)

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 06:01:55 -0700

> From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin [mailto:[email-masked]]

> I am sad for you for your afflicting comments.
> 
> At 17:35 12/05/2005, Peter Constable wrote:
> >Since a reasonable application will not expose language tags to end
> >users
> 
> I explained several times how inapropriate is the term "end user" in
an
> end to end distributed architecture.

Jefsey, your sadness is your own problem. Ask any native-English speaker
in the IT industry what kind of person "end user" means, and they will
not include software developers and IT professionals.

Your rants are wasting time; you may do what you please, but I will not
waste my time on them further. 

Bernard Shaw said of Wagner that he has his fine moments and his long
quarter hours. You have made some useful contributions here, but have
injected far more useless obfuscatioins and red herrings. You would do
well to limit yourself to issues that are likely to be productive.

> In the context of your remarks it shows
> you categorise the users of IETF deliverables, and discriminate their
> access to a common information on the base of their language. I do not
> want to use big words, but this is a patent violation of Human Rights.

Why don't you go solve the problem that Linux API function calls are not
localized.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru