Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: Last registry for now

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 07:25:41 -0700

> From: JFC (Jefsey) Morfin [mailto:[email-masked]]

> For the rest, I am not in a position to comment: please document
(RFC?)
> what is an "end user" for an IETF WG. 

Excuse me, Jefsey, but this is *your* issue. There is *nobody* else here
so far saying that end users' needs are not being adequately met. *You*
are the one who needs to write an RFC documenting what an "end user" is
if you somehow think that their interests are not being adequately met.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:05:02 +0200

At 16:25 04/05/2005, Peter Constable wrote:
>Excuse me, Jefsey, but this is *your* issue.

????

>There is *nobody* else here so far saying that end users' needs

You make a difference and discriminate among IETF users. Not me. Please 
document that difference or do not make it as it is extermelly hurting.

- The Internet has users, full stop.
- IETF has users, full stop. BTW the IETF Chair just described them in 
another mail a few minutes ago.

>are not being adequately met.

Both IETF and Internet users' multilingual needs are not addressed by this 
Draft, by simply being ignored. In opposition to what the Charter specifies.

"end users" in a distributed network makes no more architectural sense than 
on the opposite of the Universe in Azimov's Foundation. Since Azimov found 
a response, may be will you come with an IETF definition of "end user" (you 
can search the RFC database, you will see there is no "end user" 
documented). Then you can show the needs of their are satisfied. I will be 
very happy learning that.

I suppose that you actually genuinely confuse with 
applications/(de)centralized network end-users, as most in here confuse XML 
needs with Internet needs, and the working initial confort of an exclusive 
English speaking group with a multilingual interintelligible standard. You 
should understand this is highly hurting because it either mean you despise 
them (as a sort of undefined cast - are there middle-users, super-users?) 
or that you consider that you know better than them what is good for them. 
While I am sure you mean none of that.

jfc