Subject: [Ltru] [psg.com #941] determining currency of registry versions

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 23:45:45 -0700

Hi -

This issue was raised in item 12 in
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg00540.html

 A mechanism describing how one determines whether a registry
version is "current" needs to be spelled out.

 This is related to the charter requirement "For accessibility,
it is to provide a mechanism for easily
determining whether a particular subtag is valid as of a given date,
without onerous reconstruction of the state of the underlying standard
as of that time."

 This is also somewhat related to the charter requirement
"It is expected to specify a mechanism for easily identifying the role
of each subtag in the language tag, so that, for example, whenever a
script code or country code is present in the tag it can be extracted,
even without access to a current version of the registry."
(This last phrase naturally leads one to ask the question, "how do I know
whether what I have is current.")

Randy

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:44:50 -0700

The date in the registry, plus the dates on the records, can be used to
determine validity as of a given date. No action needs to be taken.

‎Mark