Subject: RE: [Ltru] Identifying correct parts / version of ISO 3166

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 07:15:08 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of r&d afrac

> > > It is well established practice to have the publication year just
> after
> > > the standard's number.
> >
> >Different style sheets impose different requirements.  I don't know
> whether
> >there is a consensus among publishers
> 
> This is an ISO 11173 conformant practice. This should not be followed.

Hmmm...

ISO 11173:1994, Thermoplastics pipes -- Determination of resistance to
external blows -- Staircase method.

I hope we don't have anything in this draft that conforms to ISO 11173.

On the other hand, if JFC meant ISO 11179, then it's interesting to note
that he now recommends that ISO 11179 practice should not be followed.

Just for everyone's info, ISO 11179 specifies a Reference Document class
with four owned attributes:

- reference document identifier (mandatory, string, one value)

- reference document language identifier (optional, zero or more values)

- reference document title (optional, string, zero or one value)

- reference document type description (optional, string, zero or one
value)

This class is also related to zero or more instances of the Organization
class (implementation is mandatory), which has attributes for name
(required) and mailing address (optional).

I don't see any specification for how any of the values should be
formatted. 

Thus, it would appear that conformance would amount to having reference
document identifiers. Note that this is in relation to administered
items in the registry. This has *nothing whatsoever* to do with how we
refer to documents in the draft.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru