Subject: [Ltru] decorum

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:29:32 -0700

Hi -

I'm apalled by how low the signal-to-noise ratio
has become on this mailing list.

Before your next posting to the ltru WG mailing list,
please take the time to read the four-page RFC 3184
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3184.txt

In particular, I want no more statements of the
form "Mommy, Beldar poked me".  If someone is
being a jerk, it will be obvious to the rest of us,
and it does absolutely no good to return the favor.
Indeed, retaliation makes it all the more difficult to
discipline the original offender.

STICK TO THE TECHNICAL SUBSTANCE OF THE
DISCUSSION.  IF THERE IS NO TECHNICAL SUBSTANCE,
DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING.  IF IT'S OFF-TOPIC,
CONSIDER WHETHER YOUR RESPONSE WILL BRING US ANY
CLOSER TO COMPLETING OUR WORK.  Is this so difficult?

Randy, ltru co-chair

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: r&d afrac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 05:20:45 +0200

>ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3184.txt

thank you.

    3. IETF participants think globally, devising solutions that meet the
       needs of diverse technical and operational environments.

       The goal of the IETF is to maintain and enhance a working, viable,
       scalable, global Internet, and the problems we encounter are
       genuinely very difficult.  We understand that "scaling is the
       ultimate problem" and that many ideas quite workable in the small
       fail this crucial test.  IETF participants use their best
       engineering judgment to find the best solution for the whole
       Internet, not just the best solution for any particular network,
       technology, vendor, or user.

The Draft is probably the best solution for what the members of the 
leading affinity group want to address. However exclusives by nature 
do not scale - they are centralised network constructs. The 
"0-URI-tag" permits it to scale.

jfc