Subject: [Ltru] Communication protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:09:15 -0700

Jefsey,

As I am reading through my in-box on this subject, I see you have used no 
less than three different e-mail addresses and identities on the LTRU list 
today. It would be of great assistance to all if you could decide on a 
single personality to use to represent yourself within this group -- if 
that is an acceptable cultural imposition. 

Karen Broome
Metadata Systems Designer
Sony Pictures Entertainment
310.244.4384

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: r&d afrac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:53:54 +0200

At 22:09 29/08/2005, [email-masked] wrote:
>Jefsey,
>As I am reading through my in-box on this subject, I see you have 
>used no less than three different e-mail addresses and identities on 
>the LTRU list today. It would be of great assistance to all if you 
>could decide on a single personality to use to represent yourself 
>within this group -- if that is an acceptable cultural imposition.

Dear Karen,
I apologise for the inconvenience (I suppose you classify the 
incoming mails per authors?). The reason why of two is that my IETF 
mailname is [email-masked] (my regular mail) and that when I was 
banned from this list this rose the interest of my working group, and 
my AFRAC name was used, this stayed - I am not the only one accessing 
the mails. During the last call period there are mails copied to ietf 
and to ltru and this creates a problem, probably obliging Randy to 
accept the two names (thank you for that).

I was not aware I used a third one (as a consultant and a searcher I 
am involved in more than thirty activities and projects, with various 
assistant/teams calling for a dedicated password): this was a mistake.

I will take advantage from your remark. It shows that common mail 
behaviour (I am using e-mail for management purposes for 28 years, so 
one grow accustomed to various habits ...) leads people to have 
various avatars, and that each of these avatars has a dedicated 
organisation and context. (as you noted I am not the only one). This 
is related to languages because each avatar has different relational 
parameters (for example signature: I suppose that you do not use your 
spe.sony.com for personal relations) and can also have various 
langtags.  This certainly add to the complexity of tagging.

This kind of errors, for the organisation of a mailing list, could be 
addressed through a dedicated OPES. Which also could address langtags 
related issues and services. And interfacte ISO 11179 compliant 
registries, etc. I will not continue :-)

Take care
jfc