Subject: RE: [Ltru] Language Ranges

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 07:02:33 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of
> Mark Davis

> >I too have a large list of languages in my
> browser preferences and cannot recall ever seeing a website return
> something other than the first language or a default language if that
> wasn't available...

> That is because your first language is probably English. Try it with
> <Sami, English>  or <Finnish, English> and see how often your second
> item comes up!

No, a better test would be one that leaves out English entirely, such as
<Finnish, Dutch>. If you use English as the second choice, it may not be
clear if the server really looked at that or was merely delivering its
default fallback.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru