Subject: [Ltru] News flash (was: record jar reference)

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:02:50 +0200

Update:
 
> I'd still like a real registry URL in the stub chapter 3
> later in AUTH48

So far 2+3 : 0+0.  Russ' comment:

| In section 3 of draft-ietf-ltru-initial-05, it might be
| useful for the document to include the URL of the IANA
| registry. It seems to me that anyone interested in this
| document will want to locate the IANA registry too.

Sam added another comment that he prefers BCP, not PS, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_comment&id=40723
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=13008

(Sorry, for me the procedure is still exciting ;-)  Bye, Frank

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:40:30 +0200

> (Sorry, for me the procedure is still exciting ;-)

Arrgghh.  We caught a DISCUSS from Bill for an ABNF error, now
that was unnecessary.  In -09 it was still okay, somewhere in
the "ABNF beautification" thread we dropped the ball, the last
valid ABNF was <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/3051>

OTOH it's simple to fix it, insert the missing space, and if
that's Bill's only problem we would be already at 2+5 : 0+0.

So it's only 2+4 : 1+0, and AFAIK all are free to change their
votes until we have x+y = 9 without any DISCUSS.  <sigh> Frank

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:05:31 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:40 PM
> Subject: [Ltru] Re: News flash
...
> that's Bill's only problem we would be already at 2+5 : 0+0.
...

Bill Fenner's comment reads:
| A minor typo in the ABNF: there needs to be a space in between the ) and [ of
|
| field-name = (ALPHA / DIGIT)[*(ALPHA / DIGIT / "-") (ALPHA / DIGIT)]
|
| '(ALPHA/DIGIT)' and '[*(ALPHA / DIGIT / "-") (ALPHA / DIGIT)]' are both <element>,
|  which is a degenerate of <repetition>, and concatenation is
|
| concatenation  =  repetition *(1*c-wsp repetition)
|
| note 1* = at least one whitespace 

I assume the WG would have no objections to fixing this typo.

Randy, ltru co-chair

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:36:34 +0200

> I assume the WG would have no objections to fixing this typo.

I'd guess so, but to get rid of the DISCUSS we probably need a
-14, a promise to fix it in AUTH48 can't be good enough for an
ABNF error.  Stupid... I should have known this, it was the 
same issue with SPF, but there we somehow managed to fix the
last ABNF typo virtually minutes before the final submission.

                         Bye, Frank