Subject: [Ltru] filtering - security considerations

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:45:46 +0200

http://uninews.unimelb.edu.au/unarticleid_2888.html

This and the Governmental note mentionned in another mail, should 
lead to a very carefully crafted warning in the security 
considerations. The standard IETF protection formula does not seem 
enough in this case, where the mere documentation of how to 
perpetrate a crime (cultural, racial exclusion) is considered  as a 
crime. I would realy advise the IETF to consult an international lawyer.

I say that because the RFC 3066 bis document is subject to this kind 
of consideration. Until today I did not waste time with lawyers on 
practical details. Now the IESG has collectively accepted it without 
any DISCUSS and stabilised the text the matter becomes more 
interesting for them. My opposition is to the text, not to the IESG, 
not to the WG, not to the authors. So, I do suggest we do call on ISOC lawyers.

jfc

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru