Subject: [Ltru] Conference on Language Standards

From: Tex Texin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:06:23 -0700

Hi, This will be of interest to you all. There is a conference devoted to
language standards in Berlin in December.
A number of different standards are covered. There will also be panel
discussions and in fact I am moderating a panel as well.

So I would like to extend a cordial invitation to you all to attend.

In addition, (although I am not sure how the timing compares with the
release of 3066bis, the registry etc.) if there is interest in having a
face-to-face meeting of this working group's participants, I have already
asked the organizers and they are happy to provide a room for the WG to meet
and progress the standard. The agenda of the meeting, just to be clear,
would not be mine or the organizers, but would be up to the WG to define and
act on.

I thought this would be a good way to encourage your participation in the
conference, to advance the work of the group, to give you a chance to meet
with some of the other standards committee's members, learn of their
activities and to promote what you are developing to some of these groups.

Regardless of whether you want to meet as a working group, you are each
still welcome to attend the conference.

The web site is here:
http://www.internationalization-conference.org/languagestandards/index.html

The agenda is online, as well as registration info, etc.
http://www.internationalization-conference.org/languagestandards/agenda.html

If you would like to have a WG meeting, then let me know and we will arrange
the facilities. The conference is Dec. 12-13, which is a Monday and Tuesday.

I have room to add a panelist representing rfc 3066bis, if one of you would
like to speak to the current plans and state of the art. To include you, I
would need to know right away though.

Tex

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru