Subject: [Ltru] Registry in XML?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:07:01 +0200

I'm looking for a more structured version of the language subtag
registry (http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry),
preferrably XML. Was it done already? Or should I write the schema and
the Python script myself?

(At the APRICOT 2006 conference, David Conrad, IANA manager, announced
a project to rewrite all the IANA registries as XML files - they are
currently plain text. But I do not know if the project is still
considered?)

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:23:12 -0700

For whatever reason, the working group decided not to adopt an XML format in
favor of the record-jar format eventually used. There is not a current
(up-to-date) XML version of the registry, although creating one would not be
difficult.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison Phillips
Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stephane Bortzmeyer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: lundi 24 juillet 2006 05:07
> To: LTRU Working Group
> Subject: [Ltru] Registry in XML?
>

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:36:42 -0400

> the Python script myself?

It's already very structured.  A simple approach to generating XML
from the record-jar format is to generate one element for each record
and one child element for each line.  You can't use attributes because
some line types can repeat.

-- 
Said Agatha Christie / To E. Philips Oppenheim  John Cowan
"Who is this Hemingway? / Who is this Proust?   [email-masked]
Who is this Vladimir / Whatchamacallum,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
This neopostrealist / Rabble?" she groused.
        --author unknown to me; any suggestions?