Subject: [Ltru] Re: ANSI and ISO 15924

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 22:36:14 -0800

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> What we are discussing here is whether (1) we need a novel mechanism 
> for tagging phonetic transcriptions, or whether (2) the existing 
> mechanisms can be made to work by (a) expanding our rules slightly or 
> (b) using the existing rules exactly and getting new subtags added. 
> Only in case 2b is this a matter for ietf-languages alone.
>
> An example of 1 would be introducing a -t- extension.  An example of 
> 2a would be introducing a class of script tags that are not ISO 15924, 
> such as "ipa0".

Once again, John has figured out how to say exactly what I would have 
said if I were anywhere near that eloquent.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru