Subject: [Ltru] Re: Security and nationality

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:52:47 -0800

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> This thread seems to center on potential problems in other 
> specifications, rather than intrinsic problems of language tags. 
> Instead of talking about specific headers in other protocols, I think 
> we should stay generic.

I tend to agree.  We may choose to mention specific insecure purposes to 
which other applications put language tags, but we do not need to go 
into great depth about them or act as though the problem is with the 
tags.

Some mail agents send the user's internal machine ID string as part of a 
Message-ID, and some e-mail viruses send themselves to every contact 
within the victim's address book, but that does not mean machine IDs and 
address books are inherently insecure.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Erkki I. Kolehmainen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 06:54:52 +0200

+1

Erkki I. Kolehmainen
Tilkankatu 12 A 3, FI-00300 Helsinki, Finland
Puh. (09) 4368 2643, 0400 825 943; Tel. +358 9 4368 2643, +358 400 825 943  

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: Doug Ewell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Lähetetty: 8. tammikuuta 2007 2:53
Vastaanottaja: LTRU Working Group
Aihe: [Ltru] Re: Security and nationality

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages