Subject: [Ltru] New edition of ISO 3166-1

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 06:31:00 -0800

Just posted to the ISO 3166/MA Web site:

"Second edition of ISO 3166-1 published

"The new edition of ISO 3166-1 is now published.

"This second edition of ISO 3166-1 comprises a consolidation of all 
changes to the lists of ISO 3166-1:1997 agreed to by the ISO 3166 
Maintenance agency, published in the ISO 3166 Newsletter up to V-12."

Do we want to reference this new edition in our drafts instead of the 
1988 edition?  It's 164 Swiss francs (130 U.S. dollars, 101 euros, 67 
British pounds) in case anyone has that at their disposal.  I have a 
draft copy but we're not supposed to cite that.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:52:07 +0100

Doug Ewell wrote:
 
> Do we want to reference this new edition in our drafts

Yes (we're at 4 cents :-)

> I have a draft copy but we're not supposed to cite that.

Good enough, unless you find something very unexpected.

Frank

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:54:06 +0900

At 23:31 07/01/29, Doug Ewell wrote:
>"This second edition of ISO 3166-1 comprises a consolidation of all changes to the lists of ISO 3166-1:1997 agreed to by the ISO 3166 Maintenance agency, published in the ISO 3166 Newsletter up to V-12."
>
>Do we want to reference this new edition in our drafts instead of the 1988 edition?  It's 164 Swiss francs (130 U.S. dollars, 101 euros, 67 British pounds) in case anyone has that at their disposal.

I don't think the previous version was cheaper, so let's cite it.

Regards,    Martin.

>I have a draft copy but we're not supposed to cite that.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]