Subject: [Ltru] Re: Registration request: "mis" comment clarifying meaning

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 22:14:57 -0700

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> wrote:

> I don't see why you single out 'mis'. And as I mentioned before, this 
> should be dealt with in 4645bis/4646bis, not via individual registrations, 
> and should be dealt with in the same way for all collection codes.

What part of 4645bis do you think deals with defining or clarifying 
interpretations of specific subtags?  Do you think it is similar to the 
explanation in Section 2.2 of how "sgn" is treated for syntactic purposes as 
a macrolanguage, or the paragraph in Section 2.4 about deprecating the 
meaningless "zh-min" tag?

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Kent Karlsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 23:39:36 +0200

Doug Ewell wrote:
> interpretations of specific subtags?

We are in this case talking about clause 4.1 (Choice of Language Tag)
of draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-06, which has text on this subject.

	/kent k