Subject: [Ltru] Plans for www.langtag.net

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:32:11 +0200

You may remember the discussion on the LTRU and IETF-languages mailing
lists about marketing the standard, having a Web site and so on. At
this time, I had set up a small site http://ltru.generic-nic.net/ to
show what could be done. 

Now, I'm decided to go a step further and I purchased langtag.net for
that purpose (and I am of course ready to transfer it for free to any
other holder, should the WG think it is better.)

I would like http://www.langtag.net/ to be "blessed" as a reference
Web site for the language tag activity at IETF and noticed for that at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html.

The difference between the old site and the new one are:

* a better domain name :-)

* a bit more content (such as the syndication feed for the registry),

* the ability to give write-access to people other than me.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:37:05 +0900

[co-chair hat on]

Dear WG members,

Please provide input (agreement or disagreement) on Stephane's proposal
that the WG chairs ask the Area Director to add a link from the
LTRU WG charter to http://www.langtag.net/.

>http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html.

[co-chair hat off]
I think that this site provides very useful additional information
for helping users of language tags, and I therefore personally
support this request.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:31:20 -0700

Looks good. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Addison

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.
Chair -- W3C Internationalization Core WG

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:55:28 -0700

How would site modifications work? Who would be able to modify?

Mark

On 6/11/07, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iD8DBQFGbPp7QTZHl5fW0kYRAoMiAJ44RPyOGKlIYMrqjdX+f7vI0bqUXQCeP/t5
> ZpL5hkGfNzJmRoxBkToyLeM=
> =0dtE
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>

-- 
Mark

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:21:52 +0200

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:55:28AM -0700,
 Mark Davis <[email-masked]> wrote 

> How would site modifications work? Who would be able to modify?

Both the "how" and the "who" should be discussed among us, although
the choices for "how" are limited as long as I manage the technical
stuff :-) If an other hosting seems better, we can move the site
elsewhere.

How? Currently, the pages are written in XML, transformed to XHTML by
a XSLT script. The automatic pages (like the registries in various
formats) are automatically and nightly produced. More converters are
welcome.

The files are in a Subversion repository and I'm willing to open
access to the module, as soon as I'll have learned how to grant access
to a Subversion module but not to the others (which should not be too
complicated). Anonymous read-only access seems a good idea, too.

Who? We should discuss it. My personal opinion is that it should be
limited to people who want to commit on the task (volunteers
welcome). One-line patches and typo fixes can be sent by email to the
webmaster.

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:28:05 +0900

[chair hat on]

Two points:

- We can probably not totally avoid discussion of details of this
  Web site here on this list, but I'd like to limit to an absolute
  minimum.

- For people who might be affraid about the details, please note
  that if at any point the WG thinks that this Web site doesn't
  help LTRU anymore, we are free to remove the link from our
  charter page at any time.

Regards,    Martin.

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:59:04 +0200

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:28:05AM +0900,
 Martin Duerst <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Web site here on this list, but I'd like to limit to an absolute

For instance, people who are specially interested in this Web site and
eager to participate can contact me off-list and we can discuss the
details together without bothering the WG with Subversion
vs. Mercurial or HTTP's Accept-language vs. cookies :-)

---

From: Marion Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:16:40 +0000

+1
mg

On 11 Jun 2007, at 18:31, scríobh Addison Phillips:

>> show what could be done. Now, I'm decided to go a step further and  
>> I purchased langtag.net for

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.
* [email-masked] * [email-masked] *

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 03:58:40 +0200

> Please provide input (agreement or disagreement) on Stephane's proposal
........................^^^^^^^^^

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:03:09 +0200

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 09:32:11AM +0200,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote 

> * the ability to give write-access to people other than me.

BTW, anonymous read-only access to the Subversion repository is now
available:

https://svn.langtag.net/langtag