Subject: [Ltru] Re: Modified: field in the registry?

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:54:30 -0700

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic dot fr> wrote:

> Isn't it a problem that there is no way to know the modification date? 
> Should we work on a Modified: field in the registry?

We should first make sure we understand the purpose for adding this 
information.  We have an Added date so that tag users can see which subtags 
were available at any given time.  But because of certain stability measures 
we have taken, once a subtag is added, it should always be valid from that 
point on, with essentially the same meaning.  A Modified date might imply 
that the meaning of a subtag changed on that date, which isn't supposed to 
happen.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:26:02 -0700

+1

Doug Ewell wrote:
> information.  We have an Added date so that tag users can see which 
> subtags were available at any given time.  But because of certain 
> stability measures we have taken, once a subtag is added, it should 
> always be valid from that point on, with essentially the same meaning.  
> A Modified date might imply that the meaning of a subtag changed on that 
> date, which isn't supposed to happen.
> 
> -- 

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.
Chair -- W3C Internationalization Core WG

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.