Subject: Re: [Ltru] heads up: Estonian

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:05:17 -0600

Gerard Meijssen <gerard dot meijssen at gmail dot com> wrote:

>> We could introduce a variant tag "standard" for the purpose, to be 
>> added to unicentric languages like German, Dutch, and French.  (It 
>> would be inappropriate for English, Catalan, or Norwegian.)
>
> How would you deal with Dutch 2006 or 1996 or 1986 ... every ten years 
> there is a change to the orthography... How would you deal with the 
> "witte boekje" that is the orthography used by Dutch newspapers in 
> opposition to the official "groene boekje" ??

Clearly not with 'standard', which wouldn't have anything to do with 
minor orthographic reforms.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru