Subject: Re: [Ltru] draft updated

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:52:04 -0600

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> Just letting you and the WG know that I continue to *strongly* favor 
> making "zh-cmn" and "zh-yue" (and the rest) the preferred forms, and 
> "cmn" and "yue" the pre-deprecated ones.

I'll go ahead and write the draft to match the editor's copy of 
draft-4646bis-16, with the understanding that this detail could 
conceivably change.*  The program I wrote that turns the 639-3 files 
into a partial Registry could be trained to do what you want.

*Bear in mind, though, that you'll have to get the group to override 
both Addison and Mark on this one.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru