Subject: Re: [Ltru] More on combination type/scope field

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:27:33 -0600

Mark Davis <mark dot davis at icu dash project dot org> wrote:

> However, I agree with John that PrivateUse codes are special in terms
> of architecture of LTRU, are called out in the spec, and should be
> distinguished by more than just a Description.

I don't understand what is special *architecturally* about private-use
language subtags in the range 'qaa' through 'qtz'.  They work just like
other 3-letter language subtags such as 'haw', except that their meaning
is defined by private agreement; but that's semantic, not architectural.

I do understand what is special architecturally about "x-mumble" and
"en-x-mumble", but we're not talking about that type of private-use.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru