Subject: Re: [Ltru] Stabilizing the order of subtag fields

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:56:41 -0600

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> I?m okay with this. But let?s not go looking for ways to perfect 
> things just because we can. (I?m wary of feature creep.)

This is maybe the smallest add-on proposal in the history of LTRU, and 
it wasn't even meant to affect draft-4646bis.  This is a mere drop in 
the ocean of LTRU feature creep.

I'm willing to withdraw the suggestion and leave the GB record as is.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:14:53 -0400

> I'm willing to withdraw the suggestion and leave the GB record as is.

No, no, just do it.  It doesn't affect anything technical, so it is
within the discretion of the editor -- that's you.

-- 
John Cowan        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan          [email-masked]
Please leave your values                Check your assumptions.  In fact,
   at the front desk.                      check your assumptions at the door.
     --sign in Paris hotel                   --Cordelia Vorkosigan
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Peter Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:05:56 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Doug Ewell

> I'm willing to withdraw the suggestion and leave the GB record as is.

As I said, I have no problem with this change. I was commenting on general principles.

Low-hanging fruit aren't necessarily a problem as long there's obvious benefit and little question just what change is needed. But if there's significant disagreement over how to deal with something that isn't really serious, I hope will quickly cut things off. At some point we are going to need to stop, and we need to be raising the bar.

Peter