Subject: Re: [Ltru] zh != Mandarin

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:17:11 -0600

Mark Davis <mark dot davis at icu dash project dot org> wrote:

> This is way down in the noise level: zh-cmn even occurs far, far less 
> often than suspect, irregular or bogus tags like:
> ...
> zh-classical

Ah.  Another invalid tag -- not even well-formed this time -- brought to 
us by Wikipedia.

I'm a huge fan of Wikipedia per se, but their record of adherence to any 
guidelines at all for language tagging is not good.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru