Subject: [Ltru] A thought from the IETF list

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:16:49 -0600

Robert Elz <kre at munnari dot OZ dot AU> wrote, in a thread quite 
unrelated to LTRU:

> Only a fool would go making unnecessary changes to a document meant as 
> a minor update of an existing doc.

Whether we agree or disagree with the word "fool," we might do well to 
consider how many arguably unnecessary changes we have made during LTRU 
II, which was envisioned as a fairly minor and straightforward update. 
Take a look at the diff between 4646 and the current draft-4646bis, 
located at this horribly long URL:

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?difftype=--hwdiff&url1=http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt&url2=http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-16.txt

While many of these changes are in support of our charter objectives, 
there are many, many others.  Virtually the entire document is red and 
green.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:30:20 -0400

> located at this horribly long URL:

http://tinyurl.com/5fp98e is rather more reasonable.

-- 
Andrew Watt on Microsoft:                       John Cowan
Never in the field of human computing           [email-masked]
has so much been paid by so many                http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
to so few! (pace Winston Churchill)
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru