Subject: Re: [Ltru] extlang registration rules... (was Section 2.2.2, etc.)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:07:36 -0600

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

>> Randy had the same opinion. I will make these changes: they seem
>> sensible to me and I can easily reach them from my cherry-picker :-o.
>
> Just make sure we justify it by applying a general principle, or the
> Official Doug will <span lang='en-IN'>condemn us very severely
> indeed</span>.

I won't have to; the IETF reviewers will do a fine job of that on their
own.

So I'm looking at Addison's latest draft, which has the general
principle wrapped into Section 3.4 (11)(3), and I just wanted to make
sure that the intent is to assign extlangs to languages encompassed by
exactly this set of macrolanguages, in Registry order:

ar
ms
sw
uz
zh
kok
sgn

Section 4.1.2 only specifically mentions extlangs in 'zh' and 'sgn', but
I am assuming these are meant as examples, not as the complete list
(since at least 'ar' was intended to have extlangs as well).

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru