Subject: Re: [Ltru] IPR Questions Raised by Sam Hartman at the IETF 73Plenary

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:53:02 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> I'm not a lawyer, but, based on my reading of RFC 5378 as a co-chair 
> I'm reasonably sure that we do not need to take any special action. If 
> there *is* a problem that I've missed, I think the IESG can deal with 
> it (or toss it back to the WG) when we hand them the drafts.

Excellent.  Thank you.

> So, unless someone has identified a specific problem with a specific 
> bit of text in either of the drafts, I suggest we procede without 
> introducing further delay.

At no time did I propose introducing any further delay.  I would have 
thought being able to advise authors on this sort of thing would be a 
normal responsibility of a WG chair.

But since you mention delay:  Now that Addison has submitted 
draft-4646bis-20, about 5 days ago, what exactly are we waiting for?

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru