Subject: Re: [Ltru] ISO 639-5 item - car

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:46:23 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> I'd prefer to just leave the text as-is.  Yes, it ends
> up being a historical footnote.  However, it could be a
> helpful footnote if someone goes at it with an out-of-date
> copy of the 639-5 list.

If you say so.

Actually, I don't know how many people are likely to have an out-of-date 
copy of the 639-5 list, or a current copy for that matter.  It's of 
rather limited public interest and is not freely available, and even 
though I know "freely available" is not one of this WG's criteria, the 
ISO price of 105 Swiss Francs (85 US dollars or 65 euros) is likely to 
keep away most casual readers.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Peter Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:24:31 -0800

The 639-5 data table will be made freely available, but the warts are being cleaned up first.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Doug Ewell
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:46 PM
To: LTRU Working Group
Subject: Re: [Ltru] ISO 639-5 item - car

If you say so.