Subject: Re: [Ltru] ISO 639-5 item - car

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:22:29 -0800

Hi -

As co-chair:

Does the removal of "car" from 639-5 affect the text in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-08.txt?
To wit:

   As a result of discussions with officials from the [ISO639-2] and
   [ISO639-3] registration agencies, it was determined that the existing
   language subtag 'car' would retain its existing Description, "Galibi
   Carib", and would continue to be identified as an individual language
   (i.e. no Scope value), even though the code element was also present
   in [ISO639-5] as a collection code with the name "Carib languages".

As technical contributor:

I think the use of the past tense "was also present" makes change
unnecessary.

Randy

>From the [email-masked] list:
-----------------------------------------------------
From: "Håvard Hjulstad" <[email-masked]>
To: "ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:36 AM
Subject: ISO 639-5 item - car

ISO 639 RAs-JAC has decided to remove the item "car" from the ISO 639-5 code table (retaining the entry unchanged in ISO 639-2).

ISO 639-5 had the item

car

Carib languages

caribes, langues

G

car

This item has now been deleted from the ISO 639-5 code table.

ISO 639-2 has (since 2006-11-22) the item

car

Galibi Carib

karib; galibi; carib

This item remains unchanged.

Best regards,

Håvard Hjulstad

--------------------

Håvard Hjulstad

  Standard Norge / Standards Norway
  Postboks 242, NO-1326 Lysaker
  besøksadresse / visiting address: Strandveien 18

  tel: (+47) 67838600  |  faks / fax: (+47) 67838601

  direkte tel / direct tel: (+47) 67838645

  [email-masked] <blocked::mailto:[email-masked]>

  http://www.standard.no/ <blocked::http://www.standard.no/>

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ietf-languages mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru