Subject: Re: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 4.1 capitalization

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:17:47 -0800

(editor hat) Done.

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark Davis
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:54 PM
To: Randy Presuhn
Cc: LTRU Working Group
Subject: Re: [Ltru] rfc4646bis-18 section 4.1 capitalization

+1

Mark

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi -

As a technical contributor...

In section 4.1 are a couple of cases where key word capitalization
should be checked.

4.1 4 1 says:
      1.  Collections are interpreted inclusively, so the subtag 'gem'
          (Germanic langauges) could, but should not, be used with
          content that would be better tagged with "en" (English), "de"
          (German), or "gsw" (Swiss German, Alemannic).  While 'gem'
          collects all of these (and other) languages, most
          implementations will not match 'gem' to the individual
          languages; thus using the subtag will not produce the desired
          result.

"should not" -> "SHOULD NOT"

4.1 5 says
      *  The 'und' (Undetermined) primary language subtag identifies
         linguistic content whose language is not determined.  This
         subtag SHOULD NOT be used unless a language tag is required
         and language information is not available or cannot be
         determined.  Omitting the language tag (where permitted) is
         preferred.  The 'und' subtag MAY be useful for protocols that
         require a language tag to be provided or where a primary
         language subtag is required (such as in "und-Latn").  The
         'und' subtag MAY also be useful when matching language tags in
         certain situations.

"MAY" -> "might"

Minor, but I'm certain other reviewers will bumpt into this as well.

Randy

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru