Subject: [Ltru] Document Action: 'Update to the Language Subtag Registry' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Update to the Language Subtag Registry '
   <draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Language Tag Registry Update Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-10.txt

Technical Summary

  This memo defines the procedure used to update the IANA Language
  Subtag Registry in conjunction with the publication of
  draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis,
  for use in forming tags for identifying languages. As an Internet-Draft,

  it also contained a complete replacement of the contents of the
Registry
  to be used by IANA in updating it. This update adds several thousand
  language codes to the registry, which will allow these languages to
  be identified appropriately on the Internet. To prevent confusion, the
  actual registry contents will be removed before publication as an RFC.

Working Group Summary

  The WG process for this document was mostly smooth and revolving
  around details. This document also reflects changes defined in
  draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis, which are disussed in a separate writeup.

Document Quality

  The data contained in the document when it was an Internet Draft
  has been read and processed by several tools the implement parsing
  of the registry format and additional operations on this data.

Personnel

   Martin J. Dürst is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Alexey Melnikov is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   Please remove use of RFC 2119 boilerplate, if you think it is
appropriate for this document.

---

From: Mark Davis ⌛ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:05:47 -0700

Congratulations and thanks to Doug Ewell and all other contributors to
4645bis!

Mark

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 13:13
Subject: [Ltru] Document Action: 'Update to the Language Subtag Registry' to
Informational RFC
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, ltru mailing list <
[email-masked]>, ltru chair <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <
[email-masked]>

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

RFC Editor Note

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 18:18:18 -0400

> Congratulations and thanks to Doug Ewell and all other contributors to

Indeed.  What happens now?  Do we nudge IANA into taking action?

-- 
Unless it was by accident that I had            John Cowan
offended someone, I never apologized.           [email-masked]
        --Quentin Crisp                         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan

---

From: Mark Davis ⌛ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:27:31 -0700

Nothing can happen until 4646bis is also approved.

Mark

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 15:18, John Cowan <[email-masked]> wrote:

>        --Quentin Crisp                         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan<http://www.ccil.org/%7Ecowan>
>