Subject: Re: [Ltru] Code/code element/codet

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:08:47 -0600

Lang Gérard <gerard dot lang at insee dot fr> wrote:

> 3-What would be the drama to forge "codet" (that is the french word 
> for "code element") as a new english word to replace "code element" ?

I think making up our own terminology at this point would be about the 
worst thing we could do.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:12:21 -0700

Hi -

Hats off...

> From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:08 AM
> Subject: Re: [Ltru] Code/code element/codet
>

Agreed.  Particularly since "codet" *will* be pronounced in English the
same as "codette", which, at least in my dialect, would in turn be reduced
to "cadet".  Indeed, that's what my spelling checker already suggests doing.
Let's not go there.

Randy