Subject: [Lwip] FlexibleIP IPv6 Stack

From: "Colin O'Flynn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:38:19 -0300

Hello,

This may be of interest to people on the lwip mailing list. A while back I
developed a simple IPv6 stack, which had passed IPv6 Logo Ready Testing
(only silver, which doesn't exist anymore). I finally got around to writing
up a little background on that stack, which is posted as a paper at
http://www.newae.com/tiki-index.php?page=Articles (2nd link down). That also
links to the presentation.

>From http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/flexibleipfip/ you can see some
example projects, you can run the whole thing (including 6LoWPAN layer) on a
computer pretty easily. The presentation linked from the article actually
has a live demo towards the end too.

I'm not too involved in this side anymore, so it hasn't been updated with
the latest 6lowpan-nd code. But some of the basic ideas mentioned in that
paper & presentation might be useful for specifying how to write lightweight
IPv6 stacks which have to deal with all sorts of cross-layer protocols added
on.

Warm Regards,

  -Colin O'Flynn