Subject: [Lwip] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-cellular-04.txt> (Building Power-Efficient CoAP Devices for Cellular Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:17:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation
Guidance WG (lwig) to consider the following document:
- 'Building Power-Efficient CoAP Devices for Cellular Networks'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-cellular-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo discusses the use of the Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) protocol in building sensors and other devices that employ
   cellular networks as a communications medium.  Building communicating
   devices that employ these networks is obviously well known, but this
   memo focuses specifically on techniques necessary to minimize power
   consumption.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-cellular/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-cellular/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.