Subject: [magma] problem with pim6sd;nedd help

From: Lo Galbo Emanuele <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:36:02 +0100

Hi.
I have to implement ipv6 multicast routing using 3 routers freebsd 4.7.
I have downloaded pim6sd from port proceding with the "make install" command.Now in my test plant there are no hosts I mean I have just 3 routers linked together. I have some doubts and I hope you will help me.
1)At this point if I run the command netstat -g the following message appear:"IPv6 Multicast routing entry is empty". So How can I start with pim6sd daemon given that pim6sd appear being in "select" state ( I ran top command)?.
2)How can I understand pim6sd is working or not?
3) when as root, I write "pim6sd" the following message appear:"cannot enable multicast routing:the address is already in use". What does it mean? I have configure well all the routing tables and there are no problems with unicast routing.So, what is wrong?
4) the pim6sd.conf file is empty. Aren't the interfaces all included in multicast by default? or must i configure it?
Thank you for your hints.

Best Regards.
Emanuele

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to [email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Konstantin KABASSANOV" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:53:01 +0100

Hi,

I think that it will be better to ask for help over one of the following
mailing lists:

[email-masked] or/and
[email-masked] 

Thanks.

Konstantin

_____________________________________________________

Konstantin K. KABASSANOV 
Research and Development Engineer

LIP6 Laboratory
Pierre and Marie Curie University

8, rue du Capitaine Scott,
75015 Paris, France

Phone: +33 (0) 1 44 27 71 26
Fax:   +33 (0) 1 44 27 74 95

E-mail: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.kabassanov.com
______________________________________________________

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Lo
> Galbo Emanuele
> Sent: jeudi 6 février 2003 19:36
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [magma] problem with pim6sd;nedd help
> 
> Hi.
> I have downloaded pim6sd from port proceding with the "make install"
> command.Now in my test plant there are no hosts I mean I have just 3
> routers linked together. I have some doubts and I hope you will help
me.
> 1)At this point if I run the command netstat -g the following message
> appear:"IPv6 Multicast routing entry is empty". So How can I start
with
> pim6sd daemon given that pim6sd appear being in "select" state ( I ran
top
> command)?.
> 3) when as root, I write "pim6sd" the following message appear:"cannot
> enable multicast routing:the address is already in use". What does it
> mean? I have configure well all the routing tables and there are no
> problems with unicast routing.So, what is wrong?
> 4) the pim6sd.conf file is empty. Aren't the interfaces all included
in
> multicast by default? or must i configure it?

---

From: "Konstantin KABASSANOV" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:53:01 +0100

Hi,

Thanks.

Konstantin

Konstantin K. KABASSANOV 

LIP6 Laboratory

Lo
me.
with
top
in