Subject: [magma] MLDv2: robustness assumption

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:34:08 +0100 (CET)

The draft says:
   The Robustness Variable tunes MLD to expected losses on a link.
   MLDv2 is robust to (Robustness Variable - 1) packet losses, e.g. if
   the Robustness Variable is set to the default value of 2, MLDv2 is
   robust to a single packet loss but may operate imperfectly if more
   losses occur. 

I assume that this means that if there are Robustness Variable (or more)
losses the state between the listeners and and routers might get out of
synch (with the router not knowing which groups to forward) but that
after some finite time without significant packet loss, the router
will acquire the state that correctly represents the listeners on the link.

The next message will make this assumption, so if I've misunderstood the
assumption please speak now and don't bother arguing with my next message
or messages.

  Erik

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma