Subject: [magma] Document Action: 'Socket Interface Extensions for Multicast Source Filters' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:02:25 -0400

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'Socket Interface Extensions for Multicast Source Filters '
   <draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies new socket options and functions to manage
source filters for IP Multicast group memberships.  It also
defines the socket structures to provide input and output
arguments to these new APIs.  These extensions are designed to
provide access to the source filtering features, while introducing
a minimum of change into the system and providing complete
compatibility for existing multicast applications.

Working Group Summary
 
This document is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group
Membership (magma) WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note

Please remove the last sentence of the first paragraph of the abstract,
as follows:

OLD:

IGMPv3 for IPv4 and MLDv2 for IPv6 add the capability for
applications to express source filters on multicast group
memberships, which allows receiver applications to determine the
set of senders (sources) from which to accept multicast traffic.
This capability also simplifies support of one-to-many type
multicast applications.  It is expected that in the near future,
the same capability will be available in IPv6 as well.

NEW:

IGMPv3 for IPv4 and MLDv2 for IPv6 add the capability for
applications to express source filters on multicast group
memberships, which allows receiver applications to determine the
set of senders (sources) from which to accept multicast traffic.
This capability also simplifies support of one-to-many type
multicast applications.

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma