Subject: [magma] request for documentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:31:11 -0100 (BST)

Hello all, 

I work on a case where all my routers don't make multicast and I'm trying 
to find some documents about works on topologies like that (where some 
routers of the network don't make multicast). Specially, I would like to 
find some papers on routing protocol. I know that MOSPF exist but I didn't 
find implementation. And I don't find any solution with RIP.
Can someone tell me if there is work on these and where I can find it ?

Thanks

Cyril.

Vérifié par E500 (Machine antivirus ISEP)

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:28:10 -0400

> Can someone tell me if there is work on these and where I can find it ?

If you have Cisco routers there is lots of documentation on-line regarding
multicast router setup.

I would recommend that you run PIM.

As far as the partial support, it seems to me you have two options (at least)

- set up a PIM domain (or domains) only on the routers that support multicast

or

- set up tunnels or an overlay network to get multicast traffic to and from the
multicast routers

This question is really more appropriate for the ipmi list. Join instructions
are on

http://www.multicasttech.com/faq/

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:28:10 -0400

or

Regards
Marshall Eubanks