Subject: [magma] IGMP snooping L3 forwarding

From: Koen Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:39:19 +0200

Hello,

In the 'Considerations for IGMP and MLD snooping switches' draft, it is
described in section 4,

that there exist some switches that forward based on IP addresses
instead of MAC addresses.

What I can't find in this document whether switches exist which not
only look at the destination

IP address, but also at the source IP address of the multicast
packet. This could be applicable

when snooping IGMPv3 where hosts can report interest in a set of
sources for a specific group.

Thanks,

Koen

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma