Subject: RE: [magma] Multipoint-to-multipoint PIM-SM

From: "Tiago Duarte (Ext_PDM&FC LDA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:10:29 -0000

> The process of building the source specific shortest path tree and
> pruning the source off the shared tree is done on a per-source basis.
> So if there are multiple sources you'll get multiple source specific
> trees. 

And if there are some participant that only join the conference later on (as source and receiver)...
The others receivers don´t ever know!

Maybe there is some (or a lot) thing(s) that is missing me!

Tiago Duarte
.........................................................................
SIEMENS

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Hoerdt Mickael <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:44:37 +0100

<marketing>
For that you can use SSMSDP (Source Specific Multicast Source Discovery 
Protocol) alike
solution , the idea is simply to use a shared applicative SSM tree to 
announce out of band the arrival/departure of (S1,G1), (S1,G2)... 
(S3,Gn) SSM multicast sources inside a the same session logicaly 
identified by the address of the shared tree. Drawbacks are inherents to 
the use of
shared tree : possibly congestion problems at the root of the shared 
tree and security but this
is session layer solution which only need SSM in the network.

Doc, implementation, sample of use programs and Faqs are there under the 
GPL licence: http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/libssmsdp
</marketing>

Hoerdt Mickael