Subject: [magma] Consideration of interaction when Router State switching in MLDv2

From: "m9223016 20030821" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:22:00 +1100

Hi,

After I read the section 7.4 "Action on Reception" in RFC 3810, The EXCLUDE 
record type confuses me a lot.

For example, let us image the situation:
current Router State is INCLUDE(A) and receive an IS_EX(B) report.
The RFC told us New Router State should be EXCLUDE(A*B, B-A)

My question is "why we have to Delete (A-B) in the request list"?

In general case, there are still some clients listen to those source. Maybe 
these source will be repaired before [EXCLUDE filter timer == 0], and it 
won't hurt the mechanism for mode EXCLUDE switching to INCLUDE. But those 
source in request list still may be erased again by other listener in 
EXCLUDE mode.

In this case, the request list for some specific sources may be create and 
delete in every Query Interval. I guess that won't be more efficient than 
just leave them alone, and Source Timer will decide whether they should keep 
alive or not.

So did other cases, ex: EXCLUDE(X,Y) | IS_EX(a) => EXCLUDE(A-Y, Y*A).

Is there any consideration cause such design?

regards,

Wally

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma